Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #1

Furnace Connection to Heating Ducts-98 Eagle

My #1 furnace blower and burner are working very well, but I am not getting any flow through the heating vents in the coach.

I know, it is not winter but we just did a trip to New Hampshire and ran the heat a bit during the journey (drove thru a snowstorm in western Mass on May 12th!)

My theory is that the duct has dislodged from the furnace due to some of the rough roads we encountered on the trip.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to easily take a look to see if this is in fact the case?

I have opened up the panel where the furnaces are located many years ago, but I cannot remember if you can actually see the duct to furnace connection from there.

Any and all input is appreciated as always!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #2

Mine may be different from yours since mine is a 97, but mine has a panel which can be hinged up for access after removing a couple of screws from the bottom. Good luck!
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:53 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
boater, I've had them out. You should see a few screws under the outside door, under the furnace exhaust vents. You'll have to just about lay down to see them.
Mine has 2 screws. Once screws removed the door hinges up and the furnaces are both easily accessible. The duct hose entering coach can mostly be accessed there as well.
Mine had a rats nest in one. I removed furnace and used a electric leaf blower to "back flush" the ducts.
I also managed to snake a air hose in ducts and blow them out.

My $.02 is to open the compartment, visual inspection of duct hoses and turn furnaces on... problem should show up...
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:09 AM   #4

Thanks Mack, it will be interesting to see how "mostly accessable" the duct will be.

If I have to remove the furnace to access the duct hopefully it will be self-evident how to get the furnace out of there!

I seriously appreciate your help on these issues. You are a valued member of the vintage American Coach tribe!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
Ha-ha, I just reread my post..I got tickled at my "mostly accessable" comment as well, lol..

But you can see where the duct hoses attach to furnace.

My value here is gaining every time I do something to my Eagle, I got it hands on! Ha-ha
Peace and happy travels!
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:33 AM   #6

It's easy to get the furnace out once you raise the exterior door. The furnaces are side by side and it will be obvious how to remove them. Then you will have direct access to the ducting.

Hope that helps!

with 325 Cummins & Spartan chassis
completelymo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace, heat, heating