Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #1

Furnace Noise

I have a 2016 Fleetwood Exculsion. Today for reason unknown the front furnace which has been off since winter started making a clicking sound. I checked the panel and it was off. I turned it on and it got hot for a little while but kept going on and off. I shut is down and all was quiet for approx one minute. Then the clicking return. I shut off off the propane. There are no switches ot breakers to shut the system down. The only way I could stop the clicking was to shut the entire motor home electrical system down.....Help.....any suggestions............

Ken Chambers
817-692-4860
kenochambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #2

Sounds like a bad circuit board. You can kill power to it by yanking the fuse, removing the access panel and turning off the switch or pulling the power plug, or if you're lucky you can access the power cable from the inside by pulling a drawer out or something.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #3

Like Deep Water D indicated, its probably the circuit board. Try unplugging the circuit board, cleaning the contacts and replugging the board back in.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #4

BTW, if that's an Atwood furnace it may need a circuit board relocation kit to prevent future failures. Apparently the cards can get wet the way they were originally installed. I went through three on one furnace.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #5

Furnace noise

Have you been in a rain storm/washed the coach? The reason I am asking is that after/during a rain storm my furnace was making the noise as it trying to start..nothing was on. It turned out, after taking the outside furnace panel off, that there was an accumulation of water on the floor of the furnace housing. I dried all off and put some 1/4" peel and stick weather stripping on the 'indentions' that are on the inside of the outside panel. No more problems. Maybe, just maybe this may be your case....accumulation of water on the floor of the furnace housing. Hope this helps.....
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #6

Furnace Noise Corrected

Thank all for assistance. I removed the outer cover and the circuit board was covered in water. Used a hair dryer and dried the board. I reinstalled the cover with a new rubber. All is working now. Thanks
kenochambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenochambers View Post
Thank all for assistance. I removed the outer cover and the circuit board was covered in water. Used a hair dryer and dried the board. I reinstalled the cover with a new rubber. All is working now. Thanks
Call Atwood and tell them what happened (I'm just assuming it's an Atwood furnace). They should warranty a circuit board relocation kit and the labor to install it. They are aware of the problem and the newer furnaces come with the kit already installed.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
BTW, if that's an Atwood furnace it may need a circuit board relocation kit to prevent future failures. Apparently the cards can get wet the way they were originally installed. I went through three on one furnace.
Please tell me more about this relocation kit.
I've had the same problem with both front and rear furnaces on my 2017 Discovery.
Fleetwood claims to have no knowledge of the issue even though several folks have experienced it multiple times.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #9

John - It consists of a new circuit board and a new plastic mount that raises and inverts the board so that water doesn't settle on it. I guess that can happen when moist air moves past the board on the way to the blower. I had Fleetwood "fix" this several times as well. Finally I called Atwood and before I was even done describing the problem, she blurted out that I needed a relocation kit. She also wondered why Fleetwood had never called Atwood about this issue. At any rate, Atwood took care of it under warranty, parts & labor. She intimated that they would fix it even out of warranty. It's a five minute job if you take a three minute break, so pretty much any local RV place can do it if they're in the Atwood network.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #10

Thanks. My RV is at the Alvarado, TX repair center. I'll call them Tuesday to see if they will install the kit for both furnaces.
I may have to contact atwood directly to get something in writing from them.
Do you have the Atwood contact info?
Old 05-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #11

Not offhand, I just called Atwood's customer service number. Fleetwood generally doesn't stock much in the way of parts. I'd ask Alvarado about it first, but chances are you'll be better off working directly with Atwood to get the kits there before they are done with your rig. I've been to Alvarado and wasn't terribly impressed, but that was shortly after they became a REV service center.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #12

Thanks.
I'll call Atwood Tuesday and talk with them I don't have the furnace info because all the papers are with the RV.
Maybe I can talk Alvarado into talking with Atwood.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #13

Good luck, John. Let us know how your conversation with Atwood turns out.

Tags
ace, furnace, noise