RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #15

The water I found was on the bottom of the furnace housing, a very small amount, but enough to cause the "tips" of the motherboard's connections to make contact. If the motherboard is close to the housing....it may be just enough water to cause the effect I witnessed. Mine would be normal (before I did my thing) after a few days of being unplugged and dried out.

16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #16
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
WELL DARN.... Guess what, Mine started doing this also..

I finished installing new caps in the A/C units, went to turn on the units to check, and all kinds of weird things happening. Furnaces running, A/C blower running..

The controller board had some corrosion on it so I cleaned it.

I'll remove all power from everything, give it a day or two and then try again.

AS A SIDE NOTE-

I'm looking at doing a microcontoller project to replace the Intellect controller system (the switch panel and controller)

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Intelligence controls.

Some of this you already know, but here goes. Your coach has a 30 amp cord. Fleetwood installed a intellitec system because you have two air conditioners. With this system you Can operate both airs at the same time. Of course if you add another load it will shed the rear air and will shed between the two airs until the load is finished. Sometimes the intelligence control board goes crazy. If you read my old posts you will find my system went crazy one day and I came in and both airs and both furnaces were running. I removed the fuses and reset the board. All was fine for a year ot two then it happened again. It has happened about three times since 2007. I just put up with it rather than buy a new board. The fuses are next to the main circuit CBs. I am 79 years old and the years are starting to wear down the old noggin, but I believe at one time there was a intellitec warning about floursent lights sending a signal that screwed up the intelligence board. You might check into this.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #18

How do you reset the board
Old 09-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #19

Ok Iíve unplugged the shore line as well as pulled the thermostat unplugged everything on it blew it out and reinstalled, pulled the 5 amp fuse to controller, pulled the power wires as well as the current wire waited 10 minutes plugged everything back in and reinstalled the fuse. There is no flashes on the little red thing indicating anything. And of course the front furnace blower comes right on with the thermostat in off position both a/c work as well as all fan settings but doesnít but doesnít call for heat as nothing is clicking like the rear does. It will run for couple minutes then shut down then start again anywhere from couple minutes to 10 minutes. This time on the furnace control board it does flash the air flow/ limit fault. Not sure if this is the real problem?
Old 09-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #20

Must be a Bounder coincidence but my post a few days ago for the furnace running on its own got this information , might help you, so far im still chasing 'the ghost too' Good luck.

Here is a manual for the Intellitec Controller:

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/In...ol%20Panel.pdf
Old 09-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #21

Ghostly Furnace

Thanks Rusty and yes 02 bounder 36S
Old 09-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #22

That http doesnít work just shows southwind
Old 09-11-2019, 03:16 AM   #23

Intellitec Environmental Control Panel.pdf
I beleve this is the way to send the file as a pdf document, if not sorry my first time attaching documents to a post. I will watch to see if it worked.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #24

Got it thank you
Old 09-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #25

Well I just pulled the module opened it up tapped on the white box inside which I assume has the contacts in it for heat. Reinstalled it put fuse back in and it didnít come on(front furnace). But as soon as I tried the AC it came on so I shut it off at the furnace then back on and so far it hasnít came back on been about 10 minutes now. But still have no idea as to which unit is faulty is it the thermostat or the controller???
Old 09-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #26

Ghostly Furnace

Ok so decided to try the rear AC and guess what the front furnace blower came on as well ( AC worked great only shed for minute and kicked on) (so I shut off again and back on at furnace) and itís off for now but one of these two are making the furnace blower kick on (thermostat or controller) ????
Old 09-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #27
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
I tried mine again last night, same problem.... Furnaces will run, even in the OFF positions.

DECISION TIME:

Send the controller and thermostat back to Intellec or do something else.. They are 20 years old. Worked great a month ago..

I'm working on a new controller, If I continue to make good progress on this project, I'll proceed with it instead of fixing the old Intellic stuff. Stay tuned..

Old 09-14-2019, 05:46 AM   #28
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a controller project I've been working in. It looks promising so I ordered the relay card, ($10), temperature sensors ($8) and the current sensors ($8). The controller and touch display cost about $25.

Last year I was thinking about a similar project to control my Power Gear levelers, It would use the same controller, display, and relay board.

Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arduino_Controller_1_800.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	260282  

Tags
ace, furnace