Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have a leak. Think it may be the gray water tank.'04 Pace Arrow

Had the RV set up for a back yard party. Took it to dump. When it was parked on the macadam, I noticed it dripping. Coming from the back side underneath. 2004 Pace Arrow. Not black tank. It didn't stink! I smelled the chlorine for the Clorox I sanitized the water tank with. I need to crawl under and inspect further. I hope it's a fitting that just needs tightened. It seemed to stop dripping after I dumped and I still had about 1/4 in the fresh water and that is how I kind of narrowed it down. No major issues up till this point. Not looking forward to trouble shooting this one.
Acm210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You won't find any fittings on a holding tank much beyond the dump valve. Lets us know what you find.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, clyon51, you could have let me hold on to hope a little longer before you burst my bubble on the "no fittings" thing, LOL.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
. Always best to get the pain out of the way first. I actually lied, you'll see plenty of fittings in the PVC pipe, they're just glued together with PVC cement. Now, doesn't that make you feel better?

John...
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a grey water leak in my Surf Side. It is the worst when the tank is full. The tank and the plumbing leading to it is buried in the coach. After $300 at the RV place I always use(d), they could not find the leak, but admitted there was one. Took it to the dealer where I bought it - $150 and they said it was a loose water connection from the kitchen sink. Wrong. Still leaks. At this point I am stymied. Last trip we left the grey valve open until the day before we were going dump the black, and that worked fine. Will be interested what you discover. My old bones can't even get close to the problem area. National put in the tanks and built the coach around them.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Demoon-

I understand your pain with the National holding tanks. They made great coaches, but as you said, they pretty much built the coach around them. It certainly sounds like a leak at the tank from either bath or kitchen. I ways figured if I developed a problem like your's, I'd have to pull the floor to get to it. I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but your Nat is the first one I've heard of doing this on the forum.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Acm210-

I just re-read your post. I'm still not clear, but it sounds now you suspect a fresh water leak, not a grey tank leak? That makes more sence if you can smell chlorine. I must have got confused when you talked about dumping the tank. Anyway, your fresh tank and associated plumbing will have all replaceable fittings.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had the fresh water about 1/4 full. The black had about 1/4 in it and I was filling up the gray by turning on the kitchen faucet to have some gray water to flush after the black. That's when I noticed the leaking. Once both holding tanks were dumped, the leak seamed to stop. And there was still about 1/4 tank of fresh water with no discernible leak at that point.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I got it now. Normally you wouldn't smell a little chlorine you put in fresh tank coming out of the grey tank under normal use (showers, dishes and such). However, since you were just filling the grey to flush the black, it makes sense and from what you said, it must be the grey tank leaking.

If it were me, I would start by adding water perhaps no more than 5 gals at a time and wait a bit in between, also keep track of the approx gals used until the leak shows up. This would basically tell you if the leak was in the drain pipe itself, in the tank or how high in the tank. Not real accurate though as it would depend how big the leak was. e.g if a small crack, it may take extra water weight above it before it actually starts leaking. Hopefully when you test, the location will be apparent and easy to fix. Good luck.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #10

Depending on how you are adding the water,it is worth considering the possibility of a leak BEFORE the grey tank. For example,are you dumping the water directly into the toilet or running it from one of the sinks.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, tank