Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Having to take MH back to Fleetwood factory for repairs anyone ever had to do this?

I notice a couple weeks ago a small spot on the outside wall by the living room slide had some delamintion so I took it to a Fleetwood dealer to have it looked at, they had a tech from the Fleetwood factory come down to look at it. I get a call today from Fleetwood and it looks like they want me to take it back to the factory for the repairs Tech said it was missing the glue or it did not have the right amount of glue and it came loose. Has anyone else ever had to go back to factory for repairs like this? how did they do on repairs?
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question Fleetwood

Can you give the Motorhome back to Fleetwood? It's not anymore the SAME.
A repair is a REPAIR
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #3

The factory is the only place that can do a proper repair and make it new again. It is good that Fleetwood acknowledges this and wants to make it right.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Camping4fun,

I took mine back to Riverside,Ca before it shut down in 2009.
I was given the red carpet treatment and the roof covering and trim
was taken off plus jack upgrades. They were just great to me and did a fine job. It was better than new when they finished.
There are problems with most production RVs that a reputable manufacturer will warantee even after one year.
No lemon here.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #5

A close friend of mine just picked up his 04 Tradition from the factory, they replaced the walls on his 40 footer with new ones. There was microchecking in the fiberglass. I t required 8 weeks to complete the job. First the roof is removed and then the walls are removed and scrapped with new walls from the wallpaper out. Then it goes to the paint section. Major amount of work involved. Last year another friend of ours had their 04 Eagle done the same way for the same reason. Both are very happy with their coach and the work.
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW
Can you give the Motorhome back to Fleetwood? It's not anymore the SAME.
A repair is a REPAIR
If done right it should be as good if not better than new, things like this happens there man made. I'm just glad Fleetwood said they will fix it and not try to get out of it. I worked for GM for years and seen many cars fixed at the dealers that never came back for the same problem.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:16 AM   #7

We stopped last year for service work. They have a large level gravel lot with electric hookups and a dump station with water is nearby. Friends we know had to take theirs back for several problems that the selling dealer could not fix. They were happy with the result. I am pretty sure that they have a couple of small RV's for people to use if their rig needs to be kept inside overnight. Make sure you take the factory tour while there. There is also a couple of golf courses nearby.

Bob
Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
In the late 80's or early 90's, Fleetwood had a problem with delamination in the mirror area. Several customers had to return their MH's to the factory for repair's. The factory did a great job on the repairs. It is a pain to have to go to the factory, but you will get top quality service there. It seems they don't have time to do it right the first time, but can do it right the second.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #9

We have spent the night at the Fleetwood plant. They have a water fill station and the sites have 50amps. It is a gravel parking lot and there were lots of other coaches there when we stayed. If you call ahead they will give you a spot number. We were there for the tour, but we had friends that were there for a floor replacement. They stayed in the coach at night and then Fleetwood had the coach in the daytime. Seems to me that they had to be out of the coach pretty early in the morning. They have a small waiting room with coffee. There are some things to do and see in the area.

pcurt.
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Camping4fun, thanks for serving!!!
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore
Camping4fun, thanks for serving!!!
Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Service in Decatur is outstanding. I've had our American Tradition repaired there, as have others I know. Highly recommended!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote