RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Replace the transfer switch.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The last time I had a problem getting 50A into the coach, the pedistal was not working correctly and my surge guard was blocking the power.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #17

I have a generator overload circuit breaker. ( Has the little red reset button ) that was tripping outside and not tripping any circuit breakers inside.. Why it shut off all my 30 amp service I do not know and did not have my generator or inverter on. I have seen some motorhomes that have 50 amp service have 2 of them, one red button or reset for each leg of the power.. Reset it and no problems now.. Hope you find the problem..
mrkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:52 AM   #18
mff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkcs View Post
I have a generator overload circuit breaker. ( Has the little red reset button ) that was tripping outside and not tripping any circuit breakers inside.. Why it shut off all my 30 amp service I do not know and did not have my generator or inverter on. I have seen some motorhomes that have 50 amp service have 2 of them, one red button or reset for each leg of the power.. Reset it and no problems now.. Hope you find the problem..
(Onan 7500 diesel gen)had to replace my overload circuit breaker- in so doing ,found an overheated terminal, which caused the breaker to fail, also thought the wiring from generator to circuit breaker was undersized - #14, 30 amps
mff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:19 AM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One thing that you might want to check before replacing things like transfer switches, etc. is the ground fault outlets to see if the have been tripped. There are often multiple outlets that are connected off the single ground fault breaker. On my last rig I tripped the two that were installed and that took out all outlet power throughout the rig; after finding the hidden one and resetting it everything returned to normal. Don't know if this will help but certainly worth checking.
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #20

I'd pop the covers to BOTH transfer and 120VAC panels & check ALL connections, hot's, commons, grounds. Make sure all connections are good and tight. One time I found a common wire had a bad connection & was heating up. End of wire was brown. Was able to clean it up B4 it burned up. Also check the connections to the circuit breakers & such. Should be inspected every couple years/
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Thanks guys. I moved to a diff site and that solved it. Must have been the shore power.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I am very "tuned" into my coach and most of its moods, problems, etc. Whenever I have power concerns I always look closely at the incoming power supply FIRST and then my coach second.

I use a custom made Power/Pedestal Tester which will check EVERYTHING at the Pedestal except for Neutral under LOAD. The coach provides the LOAD check once it is plugged into shore power and my Progressive Industries EMS HW-50C unit will then check for a bad Neutral while under LOAD.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1097.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	82816  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig99 View Post
Replace the transfer switch.
I think I would want to do a tad bit of testing before replacing the xfer. switch!!

LOL
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 AM   #24

Dr4fm
What is that 20AMP adapter you have your coaxial wire plunged into?

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-07-2015, 06:21 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post
Dr4fm
What is that 20AMP adapter you have your coaxial wire plunged into?
I'm guessing a signal booster for his Cable or Satellite... but just a guess.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:23 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post

Dr4Film
What is that 20 AMP adapter you have your coaxial wire plunged into?

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post

I'm guessing a signal booster for his Cable or Satellite... but just a guess.
Well, your guess is correct!

I am located in a very remote area of Glendale up in the San Ganbriel Mountains. I had very little to non existent mobile signal, no TV signal and no Internet connections so I signed up for a Triple Package through Charter Cable, high speed Internet, HD-TV and Internet Telephone. BUT since the location is so far from their routing boxes the signal needed to be boosted in order to get everything working correctly.

Actually that signal booster came from my time spent in the Adirondacks of upstate NY and it was free from Time Warner Cable. If I didn't have one I am sure that Charter Cable would have installed one too.

The only equipment that the cable companies want returned when I leave are the cable boxes and remotes. Everything else I get to keep so I have a wide variety of high quality cables, etc.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote