Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #15

Your Welcome - hope it works for you. I tried other methods that others are now posting here but nothing I tried was thick enough to push the screen door latch in enough to prevent it from catching. This has continued to work for me and as you stated was a quick, inexpensive easy fix.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon453 View Post
I need to replace the screen door holding latch on a 2005 Bounder 35E. The latch is mounted on the door and holds the screen door so both doors open and close together. I've search the web, eBay and Camping World, no luck yet. Attached is a picture of the latch.. Any help in locating a latch would be most appreciated. I sent a message to Fleetwood to see if they could help.

Thanks,
Francis

Attachment 60187
The screen door latch on my 07 Southwind has also gone sideways. I've done some exhaustive googling and discovered the two Atwood/Fleetwood part numbers for the latch. Now I can order a new part however in the interim I'd like the try and get it to work....

I read the mod in this thread using the shelf end cap with a piece of eraser from a pencil inserted in it and I've also read of having a small sheet metal screw put into that same nipple.

What I'd really like to know is how this latch functions....

What is breaking?

I've removed my latch and compared it closely to a new one on line and nothing appears to be broken...that nipple is the same length as a new OEM and that moveable triangular piece which rotates and holds the screen door against the main door does not appear to hold a spring which might spring back when pushed aside.

Seems to me it's just two black plastic pieces and a total of 4 screws. How is it supposed to function?

Thanks in advance..

Ron
Old 10-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Help

Our storm door latch also broke over the weekend. I found this post through search. The Fleetwood parts link doesn't work and I can't create an account on the Fleetwood parts website. I can put in my name, address, zip code and phone number, but I get no choices for county or state. Since I can't fill in that part, it won't let me finish making an account. How can I order the latch for our Bounder door if I can't create an account to search and order one?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick42 View Post
Our storm door latch also broke over the weekend. I found this post through search. The Fleetwood parts link doesn't work and I can't create an account on the Fleetwood parts website. I can put in my name, address, zip code and phone number, but I get no choices for county or state. Since I can't fill in that part, it won't let me finish making an account. How can I order the latch for our Bounder door if I can't create an account to search and order one?

Call FW , 800-322-8216

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Call FW , 800-322-8216
Thanks Cliff.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #20
Community Administrator

I needed one once and ordered two as they were cheap. It may have been from Atwood ( they made the door )

Old 10-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412697391.120380.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	75964

Old 10-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks again Cliff! I ordered 2. The shipping is more than the 2 of them.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #23
Community Administrator

You're welcome

Old 10-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
Funny, mine "breaks" at the release lever, it has a small piece of plastic that acts kinda like a spring. I just removed the second broken one on my 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 35F (since 2007) and unscrewed the lever to see if there was a spring, there wasn't. After comparing it to one of the two new door latches I just purchased I see the little piece of plastic that gives the lever tension, and it's missing from the broken one.

Maybe I need to redrill the mounting holes so you don't have to put as much tension on the lever to release the screen door.

Just posting another issue with this latch.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #25

Great thread so figured I'd add my recent experience. Just replaced this latch for the 2nd and hopefully last time. We have a 2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C so they are still using this latch. REV's new part number is 10086221. The old part number is B-354852. Not sure if there are any changes to the latch, but it looks identical. Ours was under warranty, but I believe its a $7 part.

From what I can tell, this latch does 2 things on our coach. It holds the screen door in the unlocked position and marries it to the coach door so they can move together when opening/closing the coach door. When both doors are closed, the nub/small post on the latch pushes against the screen door lock to keep it in the unlocked position so it can move freely with the coach door. The lever when lifted up allows you to separate the 2 doors.

I believe it snapped for us because the nub was not fully depressing/unlocking the screen door, so when we opened the coach door it was pulling away from the screen door (without the latch being manually unlocked by pushing up to release the tension) so it eventually cracked.

First time Fleetwood swamped the part with no adjustment and less than a week later it snapped again. Following this thread (THANK YOU!), I added a small rubber bumper stop from 3M to the nub/small post that keeps the screen door in the unlocked position so it stays attached to the door when opening or closing. When we want to separate the two doors we just lift the lever and it releases the screen door.

Its been a few days with no issues, so I'm feeling good about this one!

Thank you for this thread!!

Name:	IMG_6652.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	161445   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6654.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	161446  

Name:	IMG_6656.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	161447   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6650.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	161448  

Name:	IMG_6655.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	161449   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6653.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	161450  

Fatboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #26
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for your thoughts and pictures.

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, scr