Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #1

Help with inop slides

The bedrooms slides (both driver & passenger sides) in my 2008 American Eagle are extended about 6 inches and will not go either in or out. When the toggle switch in the bedroom is pushed, there appears to be no power and it makes no sound at all. I'm heading back tomorrow to check the fuses under the steps, hoping for a quick remedy, but wonder if anyone has any other ideas that a layman may be able to check? Thanks in advance --
neilnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #2

Since the are both out 6 inches did you open at same time? I would check fuses at the slide control panel.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like either the power source or the controller for the slide motor(s). I think the bedroom slides both work off one controller. A call to American Coach customer service (1-800-435-7345) would get you some answers as to what is common to both slides and where to look for it. They are very helpful folks.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #4

Good suggestions & thanks very much to all. It is weird that they they are both out 6" because they are actually independent of one another (toggle either way so they open or close individually). I got it back from the shop and did not realize until I was back in storage that I had an issue (shame on me for not doing a better job of walk-around before I left). I'll investigate further and try to prevent another hr trip back to the service facility. Thanks again guys --
neilnoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide