Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #1

High pitched noise in the coach. Then a mystery beep and its gone

Ok, here's my Memorial Day mystery of day. We came back to our coach and there was a high pitched sound coming from the general area of the Whirlpool fridge. Not super loud, but both my wife and I heard it. The best thing I can compare it to is when a light bulb filiment is about to go, but it's barely hanging on.

The sound appeared to be coming from the back of the fridge and I could not hear it when I opened either the freezer or regular door. I went to the breaker box and shut the power off the fridge and the sound was still there. This is a good thing, because it was beginning to sound like an evaporator motor going bad (going thru a Google sound of high pitched noise in Whirlpool fridges)

So I convinced my self it's not the fridge, maybe the microwave? Then we heard a beep (almost like a smoke detector) from somewhere in the front and the high pitched sound was gone. There was only one beep and we couldn't tell exactly where it had come from. Maybe the main coach control panel by the front door?

Anyway, everything seems to be working fine, but who knows what's going on. There's so much stuff in these monsters it's hard to figure out.

If anyone has had a similar experience let me know.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #2

I had an inverter make a similar sound before. Voltage was low at the time if memory serves me.
gateaux01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Ok, here's my Memorial Day mystery of day. We came back to our coach and there was a high pitched sound coming from the general area of the Whirlpool fridge. Not super loud, but both my wife and I heard it. The best thing I can compare it to is when a light bulb filiment is about to go, but it's barely hanging on.

The sound appeared to be coming from the back of the fridge and I could not hear it when I opened either the freezer or regular door. I went to the breaker box and shut the power off the fridge and the sound was still there. This is a good thing, because it was beginning to sound like an evaporator motor going bad (going thru a Google sound of high pitched noise in Whirlpool fridges)

So I convinced my self it's not the fridge, maybe the microwave? Then we heard a beep (almost like a smoke detector) from somewhere in the front and the high pitched sound was gone. There was only one beep and we couldn't tell exactly where it had come from. Maybe the main coach control panel by the front door?

Anyway, everything seems to be working fine, but who knows what's going on. There's so much stuff in these monsters it's hard to figure out.

If anyone has had a similar experience let me know.

My wild guess is some sort of combustible gas dectector...like LP gas......?
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #4

Good guess but the inverter is way in the rear of the coach. I also went outside near where the inverter is and didn't hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gateaux01 View Post
I had an inverter make a similar sound before. Voltage was low at the time if memory serves me.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #5

Checked the smoke detector, CO detector and LP detector. None of which are near where the noise appeared to come from. Good thought though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
My wild guess is some sort of combustible gas dectector...like LP gas......?
Old 05-30-2016, 04:50 AM   #6

Might have figured it out. There was an extra CO detector (from my old MH) in a drawer near the fridge. The batteries were probably dying.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:52 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Thanks for the update. Glad you found it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise