Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyk View Post
I also own a 2003 Southwind I have the same switch. It controls the electical side of the water heater. The water heater is a combo LP/Electrical (120vac). Where is the control switch for the LP side of the water heater. Does anyone know???
On the 2004 Southwind, the water heater controls are to the left of the WH/Microwave switch. There is one on/off switch for 120V (has a lightning bolt by it) and one on/off switch for LP (has a flame by it). When the WH/Microwave switch is set to WH, you can use either one or both heat sources for the WH.
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On my PA, the gas switch is in the cabinet to the right of the walk in door as you enter. It is with the air condition and heating controls.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardc4 View Post
I have a 04 Pace Arrow 35g, 30 service with the same switches you have. For the hot water heater to work, you need to have the right switch (Micro/washer) in the micro position and the left in the hot water position. If the left switch is in any other positions no power to the water heater. I have a Attwood water heater and the electric element is on the back side of the tank. You get to it under the coach.
I'm new to the site, but discovered looking for information on this very issue. We have a new-to-us 03 Bounder with the set of switches under the galley sink. The switches cover the micro, water heater and washer/dryer. There has not been any documentation with the coach to explain how the system works. I have rec'd a copy of a wiring diagram from Fleetwood, but it still doesn't clearly explain the correct procedure. The above quote comes as close as anything to describing the correct procedure. I have a left switch that shows the micro & washer/dryer on one side of the switch and water heater on the other side. The switch on the right has the micro on one side and washer/dryer on the other.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that can shed some light on the correct setting to operate these appliances.

Thanks,
KRM1
KRM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM1 View Post
I'm new to the site, but discovered looking for information on this very issue. We have a new-to-us 03 Bounder with the set of switches under the galley sink. The switches cover the micro, water heater and washer/dryer. There has not been any documentation with the coach to explain how the system works. I have rec'd a copy of a wiring diagram from Fleetwood, but it still doesn't clearly explain the correct procedure. The above quote comes as close as anything to describing the correct procedure. I have a left switch that shows the micro & washer/dryer on one side of the switch and water heater on the other side. The switch on the right has the micro on one side and washer/dryer on the other.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that can shed some light on the correct setting to operate these appliances.

Thanks,
KRM1
I have an '02 Bounder. They way the 120v appliance circuit works for mine is the left switch has Micro (up position) and Water Htr (down position). The right switch has Micro (up position) and Washer/Dryer (down position).
For my MH you set the left switch first. Down will turn on the water heater elec. element, up will turn on the microwave or the washer/dryer circuit depending on the position of the right switch. I do not have a center off position on these switches.
Hope this helps.

Helmut
Old 10-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #19

My Georgetown has such a switch. Fortunately, it's on a switch panel right above the kitchen drawer stack. It's a center-off type, for reasons I don't understand. Right next to it is the gas water heater switch and the one for the "Artic Pack" (should really be "Arctic"") which heats the underfloor tanks through a thermostat that swirches at about 35 degrees - similar to the type you see on the pipe-wrap systems for home.

I haven't been able to verify that the electric heater really works, as it blows the GFCI on my home power if I turn it on. I'm planning to put a dedicated 30A circuit in over the winter. With the electric heater on, the water doesn't seem to get near as hot as it does on propane. I'd have thought the same thermostat would have controlled both heaters.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #20

Attwood water heaters have a seperate set of stats, one set for gas and one set for electric. Mine will heat to the same temp. I will use the electric only all day and night and when we shower in the am I will turn on both gas and electric for a faster recovery. We have never ran out of hot water.
Richardc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #21

Thanks for that information, Richard. I'm not sure whether my WH is an Atwood. When we're on shore power (unless we need the MW) we leave the electric element of the water heater on. Like you, I boost it with the gas when we need shower capacity hot water.

Tags
bounder