RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #15

Hey Dave, You want to take a look at mine? LOL

Sounds like your the one with some experience! Why two times?

I'm hoping mine is as simple as the cable out of adjustment. I have the dial temp control with cable. No heat. 20K on her when I purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Pm me a pix of your dash as I changed my heater core twice. They might be similar enough to dissasemble the same. Do you have a slide lever on the heater controls for temp? Mine has the lever and five or six mode buttons and a lever for fan speed. If you have the lever for temp the cable may have slipped in its mount causing the blend door to be out of adjustment. When you remove the lower trim panel you can see the mount on the top of the heater box. The control head is held in with four screws and can be pulled out just enough to see the cable mount.

mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is the best overall photo I could find. Not sure how much Fleetwood has changed the dash over the years, if at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	112929775_4thumb_770x574.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	82815  

UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #17

Wow! Real close to mine! I'm now sitting on the jeep, 9 deg. out getting ready to pump gas :-(
Will try and get a pic of ours if the door is not frozen shut. -33 by Wed. night.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #18

Looking at your pix your dash is similar to mine but much better looking. Looks like you need to remove the cup holder extension. Then the lower cover (the curved ply covered in vinyl). I see one vent for the passenger seat foot aria. This vent will stay but the duct attached can be disconnected after removal. I don't see a carpet trim on the lower edge but you should find a few screws holding this panel in. Once you get the screws removed the panel will slide out and may take some fiddling. Once this panel is removed you should have access to hvac box and all controls. You didn't say if your hvac control panel has a slide lever for temp adjustment. If so with the lower panel removed you can check blend door operation and adjust cable as needed.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #19

I forgot!! The switch panel will need to be removed also. Just unscrew and separate the switches from each other, they snap together, then push switches thru hole they were removed from so you don't need to mark and disconnect any wiring.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the heads up on removing the curved piece. I thought I needed to remove the piece on the right that has the step cover attached to it. Now to run out to storage and get it done. My heater controls are rotary, 1 rotary knob for fan speeds, 1 rotary knob to select which ducts the air comes out of, 1 rotary knob to adjust the temperature, and 2 buttons, 1 for the A/C, and 1 that controls the recirculation door.It is pictured below. According to the Denso documentation there is a screw with a clamp that you adjust the cable with near the heater core housing, which is I suspect where my problem is.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LA146570-019.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	82921  
Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
Thanks for the heads up on removing the curved piece. I thought I needed to remove the piece on the right that has the step cover attached to it. Now to run out to storage and get it done. My heater controls are rotary, 1 rotary knob for fan speeds, 1 rotary knob to select which ducts the air comes out of, 1 rotary knob to adjust the temperature, and 2 buttons, 1 for the A/C, and 1 that controls the recirculation door.It is pictured below. According to the Denso documentation there is a screw with a clamp that you adjust the cable with near the heater core housing, which is I suspect where my problem is.
yours will have a stepper motor for the blend door. It will be a small square box mounted on top of your hvac box, it will have a five wire connector to it and its about the size of a deck of cards. You can remove stepper and use a small pair of needle nose plyers to move blend door. You can see if you get hotter air or you can feel if an object is blocking the blend door. I cant count the amount of straws, pencils and pens I have removed from heater boxes!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:48 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now I am confused about the servo. According to Denso and Fleetwood the recirculating door has a servo motor on it, but the heater blend door is cable controlled. I asked them about the servo motor for the temp control and both said mine was cable controlled as it is a 5 outlet box. I would have thought if there was a stepper motor pulling on the cable would not have worked. Would not be the first time Fleetwood gave me bad info, and hope I don't have to try and figure out what I have instead of what they think I have.
Below are the diagrams from Denso on what should be there according to the Denso part number on the heater housing on bulk head.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HeaterAC Assembly.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	82929   Click image for larger version

Name:	2001UpExcursion.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	82930  

Old 01-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
Now I am confused about the servo. According to Denso and Fleetwood the recirculating door has a servo motor on it, but the heater blend door is cable controlled. I asked them about the servo motor for the temp control and both said mine was cable controlled as it is a 5 outlet box. I would have thought if there was a stepper motor pulling on the cable would not have worked. Would not be the first time Fleetwood gave me bad info, and hope I don't have to try and figure out what I have instead of what they think I have.
Below are the diagrams from Denso on what should be there according to the Denso part number on the heater housing on bulk head.
You might have a cable driven by the rotary temp knob and I might be wrong about the stepper motor or servo. You can then check cable adjustment as your problem sounds like the blend door is not traveling to the full hot position.

Tags
dash