Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #1

The spur gear on my bedroom slide shear pin is sheared. Anyone ever replace one ? The spur is the one that mates with the slide inner rail tooth thingy..

coach is a 99 fleetwood pace arrow..37'

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #2

The spur gear on my bedroom slide shear pin is sheared. Anyone ever replace one ? The spur is the one that mates with the slide inner rail tooth thingy..

coach is a 99 fleetwood pace arrow..37'

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 07-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Houndog,
It is easy to replace. I just traded a '05 Pace Arrow 37C. The bedroom slide gears were under the bed, under an access panel. The motor is connected to a shaft that has the gear on it. Align the shaft hole with the gear hole and remove the broken pin remains with a pin punch of the correct size. Replace the shear pin and all done.

Richard
Old 07-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avalondanes:
Houndog,
It is easy to replace. I just traded a '05 Pace Arrow 37C. The bedroom slide gears were under the bed, under an access panel. The motor is connected to a shaft that has the gear on it. Align the shaft hole with the gear hole and remove the broken pin remains with a pin punch of the correct size. Replace the shear pin and all done.

Richard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand , But how do you get to it, I have everything opened and I see the unit but the gear is inside the inner rail...

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 07-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Houndog, nice dog, how does he do backing into a spot, Zeus has problems with the mirror
Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hondo122:
Houndog, nice dog, how does he do backing into a spot, Zeus has problems with the mirror </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not too good,thats why I need to replace the shear pin in the slide mech.

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 07-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #7

Well I got the spur gear out..

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 08-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houndog:
Well I got the spur gear out.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Power Gear sent me 2 shear pins in 2 days,, good people to work with..

2000 Ford Lightning
Old 08-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #9

I would try to upgrade the gear. Power gear in 2000 came out with a gear and short shaft that used a woodruff key. They sent them out as a upgrade kit. Easy to put in and no more sheared pins. Mine sheared when I got it home from the factory.