Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2017, 12:28 AM   #29

Another question......inside the LG BluRay/Amp cabinet (above the sofa) there are two HDMI cables. One is connected to the mid TV. But the other one is not connected to anything and is just laying there in the cabinet. Anyone know where that hdmi cable goes???

If the unused HDMI cable happens to route back to the Sat cabinet in the bedroom, I could just hook up directly to the Directv receiver hub and then to an HDMI input of a new Amp/Receiver. Wishful thinking.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2017, 02:11 AM   #30

According to the schematics. the second HDMI cable goes to the front TV. But then again, the schematics says there is an optical cable to the Mid TV.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #31

I asked the Fleetwood folks that question at the service center awhile ago. They gave me a printed set of schematics for my 2016 coach. The mystery HDMI goes to the front TV. The front TV in my coach only has one HDMI input and that comes out behind the bedroom TV. I have a 4 way HDMI splitter back there so I can connect all 4 TV's to one source when desired.

PHO May I suggest you check this thread out as many of your questions about the entertainment system were addressed there plus a lot of other useful Bounder information.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
When I bought mine, blue ray was an option and I thought I had picked the unit that had it however due to a slightly different interior, we ended up with the regular dvd player although it did have surround. Anyway, I wanted blueray so I went and bought an almost identical system but in blueray and it just happened to have an additional 500 watts and a bigger subwoofer! When I crank that thing up I swear the walls rumble/ Better than watching a movie at home!
Hey Mojo....I'm thinking about changing out the little LG BluRay home entertainment receiver in our 33C with a little better one (with hdmi IN ports). What model did you upgrade to? Any problems with the receiver getting too hot in the enclosed cabinet? Did you run hdmi or optical to your receiver?

Thanks,
David
Old 04-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #33

So, I figured, since I'm removing the Flex Steel L sofa that came with the 33C and replacing it with a LazyBoy reclining sofa, I'd just go ahead and rip it out. Now that the L couch is gone I have a much better view of the wires and cables from the home entertainment center.

Attached are some photos of the current wiring. I can see why there's so much confusion about what goes where.

One photo shows the cabinet box next to the LG receiver with the panel off so you can see the mess of wires inside. I was a bit surprised to see the tiny computer grade speaker that FW used, and it was just laying in the box aiming down through the wood grill above the sofa.

Next photo shows all the wiring that emerges from the bottom corner behind where the sofa normally sits. In addition to a lot of cables and wires heading somewhere, there were three unattached cables, including an HDMI, a white RCA, and an RG6 connector.

I'm putting in some new runs of optical and hdmi cables from where they exit through the slide-out's floor, through the basement and up through the floor, under the fridge, and to the back of the mid TV.

I wanted to see how the "sound bar" under the mid TV was being powered, so I removed the black cloth cover, held on by Velcro. I was surprised to find just three more of the same little plastic computer grade speakers. One, acting as center, and one on each side as the Left and Right front speakers. No actual sound bar.

I'm considering upgrading the surround sound system with a new receiver/amplifier and new speakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4573.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	158172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4553.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	158173  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4570.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	424.3 KB
ID:	158174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4559.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	158175  

Old 07-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #34

Does anyone know if FW has addressed any of these issues in the new 2018 33C?

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phochief View Post
Another question......inside the LG BluRay/Amp cabinet (above the sofa) there are two HDMI cables. One is connected to the mid TV. But the other one is not connected to anything and is just laying there in the cabinet. Anyone know where that hdmi cable goes???

If the unused HDMI cable happens to route back to the Sat cabinet in the bedroom, I could just hook up directly to the Directv receiver hub and then to an HDMI input of a new Amp/Receiver. Wishful thinking.
The cable sadly only goes from the LG Home Theater area to a junction point located behind the sofa and behind the end table in the slide. One of the HDMI cables is capped and the other has a female double splice to connect to the HDMI 1 connection (labeled 72 on mine) to the mid-tv above the fireplace. The schematics are wrong on my 2017 Bounder. The schema also shows an optical cable from the Mid-TV to the Home Theater system...but I can't find it if it was installed in the cable bundle.

Does anyone else know if it is stashed inside a wall or something where I could retrieve it?
MichaelInPS is offline   Reply With Quote