Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 07:22 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I can see at night again!!!

Just installed these, what a difference...

One will never know the clever thinking and exemplary engineering that went into choosing a headlight assembly out of a vintage 2004 Jeep Cherokee.

I can picture the meeting where they decide to take two of these and mount them on a 24,000lb 2014 MH that can sail down the road at 70MPH, providing less light than a 15Watt appliance bulb There had to be at least one person in the room with a conscience, going no...no...not again!

A couple of years ago I swapped out the original 9006's with 9012's filed down to fit in the 9006 socket Those along with a direct to the battery relay kit did make a little difference. Yet, at 50mph I felt like I was outdriving the lighting. In other words, couldn't see diddly! So, I just didn't travel at night anymore.

I got stuck having to drive back from MN in the dark on a nice night where all the deer decided to come out and play on the I94. That was enough for me.

Did my Google searching and I ended up with these HEADLIGHTS-9006-V7 Version 7 Headlight Kit with 9006 (HB4) Bases from M4 Products...literally night and day.

Ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #2

Great. More non-street legal lights blinding other drivers on the road.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Sure enough, the website says those are not DOT compliant.
However they might still be OK.
As a fun test, go for another drive at night and have a family member in another car drive towards you on a dark two lane road - what do those lights do to their eyes? If they're like normal headlights then great, use them. If they're blinding to the other driver then it might be time to rethink using them.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
Just installed these, what a difference...

One will never know the clever thinking and exemplary engineering that went into choosing a headlight assembly out of a vintage 2004 Jeep Cherokee.

I can picture the meeting where they decide to take two of these and mount them on a 24,000lb 2014 MH that can sail down the road at 70MPH, providing less light than a 15Watt appliance bulb There had to be at least one person in the room with a conscience, going no...no...not again!

A couple of years ago I swapped out the original 9006's with 9012's filed down to fit in the 9006 socket Those along with a direct to the battery relay kit did make a little difference. Yet, at 50mph I felt like I was outdriving the lighting. In other words, couldn't see diddly! So, I just didn't travel at night anymore.

I got stuck having to drive back from MN in the dark on a nice night where all the deer decided to come out and play on the I94. That was enough for me.

Did my Google searching and I ended up with these HEADLIGHTS-9006-V7 Version 7 Headlight Kit with 9006 (HB4) Bases from M4 Products...literally night and day.

Ron

I just changed mine out with beam tech leds, during the process I found out they are way out of alignment which was a lot of the problem. What a difference it made.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #5

I saw the post and thought it was about cataract surgery.

That helps with seeing at night too.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I saw the post and thought it was about cataract surgery.

That helps with seeing at night too.
Yep, had the cataract surgery after detached retina surgeries in both eyes. Being able to see stuff is wonderful.

To the wise guys, stop typing...I am at 20/30 without glasses.

Oh, and the comment about blinding people...nope, horizontal cutoff is the same as using the stock bulb; measured out around 60-70yds (using my neighbors garage as the benchmark). Not one vehicle has 'flashed' me, so I know these are not as disturbing as some people believe. Non-DOT...yep, says so on the website as mentioned.

ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote