RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #1

I painted my plastic shower

I went at Home Depot in Canada and found a paint for bath. This is a spray can. They are probably 15$ each and I spent 200$. But my shower 1999 is now brand new. After one year, still as white and no cracks. I have 5 childrens and we spent 3.5 months in the motorhome.

Company: Rust-Oleum
Name on the spray can: Tub & Tile

I covered the whole bathroom with newspaper to protect. Took three days for all the layers.

What is funny is that everywhere I went they told me I coud not paint a plastic shower. But trust me: it is easy, and the job is perfect. Just apply a thin layer and wait an hour for another one and put many layers. If you make a mistake, use sand paper to correct between two layers.

BtW, I painted the ceilings fans, the neon lights, the switch on the walls, the electric 120V outlets.

And with a different color, I painted chrome my lights over the table and everywhere.

Carl

cbilodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 AM   #2

Add some photos so we can share your hard work.

Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pictures, please!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #4

Sorry for the delay, I have no excuses.

I painted many months ago before the winter. We are seven and took showers each day in it for 1.5 months in Florida. There is no cracks anywhere, no peeling. Seems good for ever.

I was able to fill previous holes with silicone, then I painted over it and sanded it. Nobody could guess there was some holes there.

When you make a mistake, you sand it. Very easy.

I unscrew the soap holder and paint it separatly.

I am no artist. I can not even draw.

Before, it was completly yellow due to sun after 15 years.

Carl

J'ai peinturer ma douche en fibre de verre avec une peinture Home Depot. Très simple. Il faut donner plusieurs petites couches. Cela fait une bruine et il faut donc tout protéger autour. On peut sabler entre chaque couche pour corriger les petites imperfections. On peut donner plus de 10 petites couches, une chaque 45 minutes ou plus. Facile de peindre sa douche. Aucune craquelures même après des mois et beaucoup de douche prises.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
And with a different color, I painted chrome my lights over the table and everywhere.

Carl
The shower and the metal (or plastic) shower head and attachment look great. You mentioned that you painted light fixtures too.......I assume they are metal? What color were they before you painted them?
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
The shower and the metal (or plastic) shower head and attachment look great. You mentioned that you painted light fixtures too.......I assume they are metal? What color were they before you painted them?
It was gold plated. Since this is no more à la mode, I went for silver. In fact I painted even the electric outlet. Everything looks brand new inside.

Some fictures were in plastic so I painted them in white. The one in metal I painted them silver.

In the shower, I changed the shower neck (don't know the english word) and the hands for the water.

I should show pictures of the walls for the whole bathroom. It is simply fantastic. I will try tomorrow if I have time. I use 12" false square of small tiles. Chose long and thin one to make it look bigger. Cost 300$ for the walls but so beautiful.

My wife is used to live and a big and beautiful home, I have a lot of pressure to make it look good even if I don't want to put more than 35k in total on a motorhome that should last 10 to 15 years.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
KIX

Quote:
It was gold plated. Since this is no more à la mode, I went for silver. In fact I painted even the electric outlet. Everything looks brand new inside.

Some fictures were in plastic so I painted them in white. The one in metal I painted them silver.

In the shower, I changed the shower neck (don't know the english word) and the hands for the water.

I should show pictures of the walls for the whole bathroom. It is simply fantastic. I will try tomorrow if I have time. I use 12" false square of small tiles. Chose long and thin one to make it look bigger. Cost 300$ for the walls but so beautiful.
Thanks for the info
Was the silver paint you used on metal the same Rustoleum Tub & Tile?
Old 05-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Thanks for the info
Was the silver paint you used on metal the same Rustoleum Tub & Tile?
I took Krylon Colormaster from Home depot. This is a spay can. Metallic, Silver. Metal, wood and more. Dries in 15 minutes so it is very easy to work with it. You paint and in one hour you screw it back.

Any metallic paint for metal and wood should do the job anyway.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #9
KIX

Quote:
I took Krylon Colormaster from Home depot. This is a spay can. Metallic, Silver. Metal, wood and more. Dries in 15 minutes so it is very easy to work with it. You paint and in one hour you screw it back.
thanks
Old 05-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #10

The last picture show you the new floor. The floating one is over the whole motorhome. The ceramic is only in the WC.

My plan is to make a motorhome nearly as good as a new gas one. Washing machine, dryer, ice, 2 door fridge, 50A, Inverter, 2 batteries, full led, new brakes, tires, new shocks, new floor, new wall paper, new inside everywhere, new big tvs, new fireplace, etc. Total planned 35k$Can.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
WOW! Great job, looks fabulous!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
WOW! Great job, looks fabulous!
The inside is dirty because I am doing some repairs.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:47 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow! I never would have thought that plastic shower could be painted. Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, shower