RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #1

ICE MAKER and shaking dash

We have the 2016 fleetwood bounder and going nuts trying to figure out the ice maker. it fills with water, it freezes the water but it wont flip the cubes out!

meemaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #2

Shaking Dash

we bought our Bounder in Florida and drove it back home to SC. By the time we got home it felt like the entire dash (for the entire trip) was going to fall OFF every time we hit a bump. Our fur babies were mortified, and glad to get back home! Any ideas what is causing this?

Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
What is the fridge you have in the coach. I have a couple of videos I can send your way but not sure they are applicable.
Home State is Kentucky
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #4

Read read and read some more. It's long but will answer most any question on the '16 Bounder
2016 Bounder Experience
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:00 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
If it is a Samsung when the little ice bucket is lit it is turned off.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 AM   #6

Fleetwood Dash Shake

I have a 2014 Storm. My dash use to shake and air would cause the dash cover to float. There is a seam running full length that has a cover on mine. I removed the cover and found numerous screws loose. Oh and the screws were only in about half the holes in that area. So tightened screws and added more screws in empty holes. Seemed to have fixed the issue for now. Has been fine for about 2-years.

There is also mounting bolts under my hood on right and left side someone said to check. They come loose form time to time they say.
Dov327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #7

ok, sorry ..
Old 06-05-2019, 05:19 AM   #8

I have a 2013 Storm 32bh with the same problem. Heading out to Decatur next week to get it fixed. Seems only on the copilot side not driver side but it will shake the fillings loose at times. It has actually shook the copilot cupholder/magazine rack loose from the wall and caused the lower dash to separate from the upper dash. Notice that FW has discontinued the "Storm" model from their lineup.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
What is the fridge you have in the coach. I have a couple of videos I can send your way but not sure they are applicable.
We have a 2016 FW Bounder with a samsung french door residential fridge. Like I said, it fills with water, it freezes the water, but the little flipper thing wont flip the cubes out. they will come out if i ipress the "test" button.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:10 AM   #10

Our 2017 Bounder also had the dash movement. I'm talking bounce the GPS off the dash movement.

We tightened what we could, then added a brace under the dash to shore it up. We used what looks like a closet pole - it's helped a lot.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:11 AM   #11

Well I just got back from Camp Fleetwood and the dash is fixed to the tune of $800. I had an appointment for this past Tuesday and the tech that was assigned to me diagnosed the problem within 2 minutes of meeting with me. It seems that there is a rectangular steel angle iron sorta box that most everything in the engine compartment is bolted or screwed to. What was supposed to happen is that the passenger side wall was supposed to be screwed to this steel but in my case the air conditioner unit was in the way so the screws were never attached. This also caused the floor to separate from the side wall and the little table came out of the wall. My dash would flop around like crazy. After the repair which involved him removing the moulding and screwing the sidewalls to the steel member, btw the sidewall is aluminum, so going this way really strengthened(ie through aluminum to steel) and he also mounted another piece of angle iron under the floor and jacked it up and bolted in then reinstalled the molding and repainted. We traveled 800 miles back to new jersey and it did not move an inch. The techs were excellent. Unfortunately, had a meeting with the cust. svc. vp who basically said the unit was too old, its a 2013, and therefore long out of warranty even though the problem was created at the factory by someone not installing the screws in the first place. I'm now going to appeal to the extended warranty folks to see if I can get some relief there. Also had the shredding seats issue which they wouldn't do anything about other to say that it was a flexsteel problem to which flexsteel said that was the material that fleetwood specified (ie cheap stuff) therefore a fleetwood problem. Techs at Decatur are excellent. There were lots of folks with the high end coaches that have been there for weeks waiting for parts to get their units fixed. My suggestion to anyone that doesn't have a great dealer who intimitely knows your brand of unit make an appointment and take it to camp fleetwood. Because the tech had seen it before he didn't have to use up a bunch of hours trying to diagnose the problem. He was working on resolving the problem within 10 minutes of it coming in the shop. Sorry for being so long but hope this helps someone else.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My last coach was a REV product. Took me several hours to tighten all the bolts that would stop the dash rattle. Never understood why the factory can't do it correctly when they build them.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:14 AM   #13

We have a 2018 FW Southwind 37H and I have a squeaky and rattling dash also. There is a black dash cover on the drivers side that IF I could figure out how to remove it I could tighten everything up. Any help?
sfergie631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverh View Post
Well I just got back from Camp Fleetwood and the dash is fixed to the tune of $800. I had an appointment for this past Tuesday and the tech that was assigned to me diagnosed the problem within 2 minutes of meeting with me. It seems that there is a rectangular steel angle iron sorta box that most everything in the engine compartment is bolted or screwed to. What was supposed to happen is that the passenger side wall was supposed to be screwed to this steel but in my case the air conditioner unit was in the way so the screws were never attached. This also caused the floor to separate from the side wall and the little table came out of the wall. My dash would flop around like crazy. After the repair which involved him removing the moulding and screwing the sidewalls to the steel member, btw the sidewall is aluminum, so going this way really strengthened(ie through aluminum to steel) and he also mounted another piece of angle iron under the floor and jacked it up and bolted in then reinstalled the molding and repainted. We traveled 800 miles back to new jersey and it did not move an inch. The techs were excellent. Unfortunately, had a meeting with the cust. svc. vp who basically said the unit was too old, its a 2013, and therefore long out of warranty even though the problem was created at the factory by someone not installing the screws in the first place. I'm now going to appeal to the extended warranty folks to see if I can get some relief there. Also had the shredding seats issue which they wouldn't do anything about other to say that it was a flexsteel problem to which flexsteel said that was the material that fleetwood specified (ie cheap stuff) therefore a fleetwood problem. Techs at Decatur are excellent. There were lots of folks with the high end coaches that have been there for weeks waiting for parts to get their units fixed. My suggestion to anyone that doesn't have a great dealer who intimitely knows your brand of unit make an appointment and take it to camp fleetwood. Because the tech had seen it before he didn't have to use up a bunch of hours trying to diagnose the problem. He was working on resolving the problem within 10 minutes of it coming in the shop. Sorry for being so long but hope this helps someone else.
Denverh, the passenger side dash on my coach moves up and down with bumps in the road also, even after fixing the dash screw issue. Do you have any photos of the repair? I have crawled all under trying to find other missing and loose bolts but have found nothing.

Tags
dash, ice maker