Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #15

Loulong is correct. One output is for inverter supported circuits and the other for shore or generator power.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb7auk View Post
Mel,
Yes the two breakers are standard type that provide protection down stream no matter where the power comes from up stream.
wb7auk
Thanks.
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
Loulong is correct. One output is for inverter supported circuits and the other for shore or generator power.
Whoa! That's not what I said at all, and it is NOT a correct statement.

The model 20 is designed to feed a sub-panel, where multiple breakers may be installed to spread the power to several branch circuits.

The model 20D is designed with 2 branch circuit breaker outputs, that can feed branch circuits directly.

Any circuits, NOT intended to be fed by/through the inverter will have by-passed the inverter entirely and be powered directly from the main breaker panel by the shore or generator power only.

Some of the older Heart Interface I/Cs supported either configuration.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrvers View Post
bounder2000

We have a 2000 Bounder 39Z and when on the inverter, we DON"T have 120 power to everything. As some have replied, several circuits are not connected to it.

Hope this helps you feel better from another 2000 39Z owner.

Tom and Barb
2000 Bounder 39Z
And there you have it.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
And there you have it.
Works for me...
Old 04-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulong View Post

Whoa! That's not what I said at all, and it is NOT a correct statement.

The model 20 is designed to feed a sub-panel, where multiple breakers may be installed to spread the power to several branch circuits.

The model 20D is designed with 2 branch circuit breaker outputs, that can feed branch circuits directly.

Any circuits, NOT intended to be fed by/through the inverter will have by-passed the inverter entirely and be powered directly from the main breaker panel by the shore or generator power only.

Some of the older Heart Interface I/Cs supported either configuration.
Oops, sorry
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
As stated above, that's normal.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #22

You have a single 30 amp breaker at the main panel that feeds the inverter/charger. On the inverter there are two 15 amp breakers side by side that feed two separate circuits. There is also a separate breaker for the charger function.

Circuit number one: Microwave...and only the microwave.

Circuit number two: Bathroom plug. Ice maker plug behind fridge if so equipted. Entertainment centre front of coach. Entertainment centre rear of coach. One or two plugs below the overhead cabinet on the fridge side of the unit. Basement plug in area where outside entertainment unit can be installed if so equipted.

There is no sub panel as there is no need. There are only two circuits powered by inverter and they both have their own breaker ON THE INVERTER.

If there is a problem with the inverter both of those circuits will be dead if not plugged into shore power. If this is not the case then you need to look closer at the GFI. Note. Some coaches will have the GFI reset in the main breaker panel. Some others will have it in the bathroom. Some have two GFI's but the second is for the water heater.

This has been my experience with Fleetwood Diesel pushers in that price point.

Answer this question first. Is the microwave also dead? What say yee.

John
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #23

micro & garbage disp. work. I have figured out what works and what doesn't by trial and error. the drawings do not show what works on inverter only. BTW the inverter has one 15 & and one 20 amp breaker in it Thanks for all the feed back. problem solved
bounder2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder2000 View Post
micro & garbage disp. work. I have figured out what works and what doesn't by trial and error. the drawings do not show what works on inverter only. BTW the inverter has one 15 & and one 20 amp breaker in it Thanks for all the feed back. problem solved
There is NOTHING in your coach as delivered from the factory that works on inverter ONLY (or ONLY on inverter). There ARE, however, things that work only on shore or generator power that will NOT work when the inverter is the only source of power. When you learn to read those diagrams, you'll understand.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What still works on inverter power?

If it works on shore power, and does not work on Inverter power then do this.

Turn on everything.. Note on Microwave, Just open the door. Televisions, radios, on outlets plug in lamps. With SHORE POWER turn off one of the breakers on teh inverter.. NOTE what no longer works, using a Brother P-Touch or equivalent label that breaker, Now restore power and do the same with the other breaker.

now go to your main breaker box.. Same thing (might as well finish the job) For this one turn on the air conditioners (Fan only) as well, The only things you will not have listed are the water heater (less you hook up a volt meter to it) and optionally the fridge (Some models will tell you when they loose A/C NOTE: main breaker should be labeled so you will know already which one powers the water heater. OH

The converter (if not part of the inverter) when you turn it off, 12 volt lamps will dim.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #26

i believe the inverter only powers micro/front -rear tvs
eliterv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliterv View Post
Evidently you don't know much about a 2000 Bounder. There are probably as many combinations as there are makes and models of RVs.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliterv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loulong View Post
Evidently you don't know much about a 2000 Bounder. There are probably as many combinations as there are makes and models of RVs.
loulong
Correct
As I posted earlier, my Freedom 20 inverter/charger powers the microwave, the front and the rear TVs..... PLUS 8 other 120V duplex receptacles, one 4' florescent, and 6 incandescent, light fixtures.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter