Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jack-knife/dinette to J-Lounge/U-shape dinette

We would love any comments or ideas on how to make this change.

We have a 2003 Bounder 35R and love her...but we would like to replace the dinette and couch. The Jack-knife is a 3 cushion full sofa (I can get measurements) and the dinette is the standard 4 person (tiny people) dinnette with storage underneath the seats.

Our coach has a front TV and we would love to have a forward sitting seat and if we could find a J-Lounge that is a bit shorter than the current Jack-knife, we would gladly go for a shorter couch in order to have a more comfortable dining area. A u-shape would be nice but I would also go with a table and 2 chairs. The U-shape is not a deal breaker.

Has anyone with an early 2000's MH gone from Jack-knife to J-Lounge? Any suggestions...any recommendations...any help at all would be great. I would want the J-Lounge to be a sleeper, since this is the only extra sleep space.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bernie

Big Bertha - 2003 Bounder 35R
mttop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

Stay away from "RV" furniture. Lazy-boy makes some great stuff that will fit through your door. Take lots of measurements. Just rip out the dinette (I did ) and replace it with a table and chairs. In my opinion a sofa bed is better than a Jack knife type sofa. You can always move the TV.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #3

The J Lounge in the '16 Bounder (35K) is a jack knife also.. I would think it is a jack knife in the other years for the bounder too. There is not enough room for a regular hide a bed to open. I will be removing mine as I don't like it. There are a number of threads on this same topic.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks to both of you...I will look for those threads.

I am thinking of replacing the jack-knife with a small love seat and a Euro-lounger type chair. The Dinette area is 77" wide and the couch area is also 77".I think we can cut down the dining area by using a small table and two chairs... if a love seat and chair would fit in what is left of the slide, we could anchor the chair down for travel and when we are parked and "open"...maybe the Chair could be put at an angle, facing forward...

Any thoughts?

Big Bertha - 2003 Bounder 35R
mttop is offline   Reply With Quote