Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #1

Just curious.

We have recently acquired a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 32vs. O.K. I can't just drive a vehicle. Oh, no. I gotta inspect everything and find out all about it. Must be all those years as aircraft mechanic.

So I'm looking for this vent indicated on the tank fill instruction sticker. I open the cargo door and start tracing the lines in and out of the water tank. Then I notice we have two huge fresh water tanks. And right there written with felt tip pen is "Bounder" and a part number. I'm JUST CURIOUS. Why do I have Bounder tanks in my Southwind?

Not real important. But now I'm looking all over for other Bounder parts. Geeze. I'm loosin' it?
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Hello again Steve,

Your Southwind was manufactured on an assembly line and probably next to a Pace Arrow, Bounder or Tara/Storm next to that. Many parts are very interchangeable between models, as you have noticed. Your Southwind is just a cosmetically different model of the Bounder.
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hello again Steve,

Your Southwind was manufactured on an assembly line and probably next to a Pace Arrow, Bounder or Tara/Storm next to that. Many parts are very interchangeable between models, as you have noticed. Your Southwind is just a cosmetically different model of the Bounder.
Thanks General. Just for grins, my ex-friend (joke amongst our group here in the garage) superimposed a couple Southwind and Bounder photos (he is strange that way). It appeared the only difference in the exteriors was the front and rear caps. And the floor plans were very similar. Just one of them factoids to share.
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hello again Steve,

You'll find that most coaches are very much alike inside, only the newer ones differ somewhat inside. Length some times changes the layout. The General is right on.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCal View Post
... I'm JUST CURIOUS. Why do I have Bounder tanks in my Southwind?
You got an upgrade! Sorry - being a Bounder owner, I just had to say that.

Just goes to show, we're all the same under the "skin".

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote