Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I see what you mean. So basically the read mostly full, close to full, and then full. Are the gray and black tank sensors like that as well?
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Work View Post
I see what you mean. So basically the read mostly full, close to full, and then full. Are the gray and black tank sensors like that as well?
No they seem to be very accurate for the levels, they aren't easily seen (middle of the coach, and behind the wet bay so not easy to see) like the fresh water tank is, but just from the level indicators and based on water use as to where they are after, I think they are accurate as to the 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 readings.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Thanks for that insight.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
Old 10-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had the same problem with my sensors on my 14 although the 14 doesn't have the 45 degree slope. When at the factory, they moved them for me but since they were all attached to "a pad" it just moved the whole shooting match down (or up, I can't remember). Over the last couple years I just got use to it. Maybe thats a project for today, separate them and play around with the levels.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I don't own a coach yet, but after renting one this past month and overflowing the gray tank, I'm guessing that it is more important to have accurate black and gray tank sensors than a water tank

This is all very insightful to a future owner!
Old 10-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #34

Thanks for all the help, folks. Sounds like a great rig that needs help with a few minor things.

I was watching a video on RVLove where they highlight a drive of their 2012 Allegro. They note how quiet it is while underway (it did seem very quiet) and reference that that can be attributed to the Tiffin quality and the solid wood cabinets. They also reference how noisy the Wynn's Bounder was with all the rattling that can be heard on their video.

My question-did the Wynns just have a sensitive microphone on their camera or is the Tiffin really that much quieter? For those Bounder owners, any noise complaints while driving from squeaks and rattles?
Stevieg213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I've seen a video of the Wynn's (I believe the one detailing their Alaska trip?) and it was specifically called out in the comments. I believe they said they experienced several screws backing out of the dash causing additional noise in that area and also road conditions for the area they were located.

I'd be curious as to the noise level as well. It seems the 6-speed helps reduce the overall noise of the engine based on the RPM range, but as far as "house noise" I'd love to learn more.

Bill
Old 10-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Could just be the way they have their stuff packed and loaded that makes difference in sounds
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Happy bounder Owner

We got our 2008 38s Diesel bounder New in 2009. Been all over Key West to Colorado. Then roundtrip to Alaska in 2012. A little over 10,000 miles. Drove the top of World Highway. Have had no complaints. Would buy it again just like it is. Fleetwood has always been there to answer any question when I needed them. I have had no real problems in over 40,000 miles. The Cummins diesel gets 9.2 uphill, downhill, towing 4000 lb Saturn Vue or not.
CPCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Work View Post
I've seen a video of the Wynn's (I believe the one detailing their Alaska trip?) and it was specifically called out in the comments. I believe they said they experienced several screws backing out of the dash causing additional noise in that area and also road conditions for the area they were located.

I'd be curious as to the noise level as well. It seems the 6-speed helps reduce the overall noise of the engine based on the RPM range, but as far as "house noise" I'd love to learn more.

Bill
That's a great point. They did say that about the screws and I also think they may be driving a pre-production unit which may have some more quirks. I agree with Bill and also am curious about "house noise".
Also, the Wynns didn't have the extra insulation package at the time of that taping but we're going to get it retrofitted so hopefully they will post on that sometime soon. That won't affect "house noise" though.
Stevieg213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieg213 View Post
Thanks for all the help, folks. Sounds like a great rig that needs help with a few minor things.

I was watching a video on RVLove where they highlight a drive of their 2012 Allegro. They note how quiet it is while underway (it did seem very quiet) and reference that that can be attributed to the Tiffin quality and the solid wood cabinets. They also reference how noisy the Wynn's Bounder was with all the rattling that can be heard on their video.

My question-did the Wynns just have a sensitive microphone on their camera or is the Tiffin really that much quieter? For those Bounder owners, any noise complaints while driving from squeaks and rattles?
They have an updated video on it also. That noise from what I can tell was because of the road, fixing the loosened screws and the mic. Check out the new video for more info. Mine on a decent highway is fine. On a road that is beat up is a little noisy but not horrible. Mine is brand new though. I am coming from a Monaco DP and the Bounder is not a DP nor is the price. I am happy with my Bounder.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:01 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieg213 View Post

I have posted this before but, ---- Do i have rattles in my coach? you bet, i have full set of dishes, glasses, pots and pans, silverware, etc etc. On a very rough road they make noise. LOL
I think that would be true on any coach no matter diesel or gas. Sure the air ride diesel frame probably handles the "house" noise better but i would question if "nothing" rattled. I have never drove a fully loaded diesel down a road so i cant 100% say the difference. I can say that my bounder with my chassis mods is far quieter in road noise than what the Wynn's Alaska video was and on a smooth road at normal cruise (65MPH) it is turning approx 2250 RPM and you can barely here any engine or "house" noise. At 3700 RPM with my 5Star tuner climbing a hill i can of course hear the engine but i can also hold a normal convo with my girlfriend and hear the radio with no issues. A diesel will always be quieter, the engine is 40 feet away from you, i am pretty sure if you go lay on the bed while it is pulling a hill you could probably hear the "engine" It is a money and person preference on which to buy, all "gasser's" will be louder when performance climbing and all coaches will have "house" noise. I have gone thru my cabinets after each trip and "arranged" stuff and put in the rubber maid liner in all drawers to reduce 'House" noise. Unless you want to get foam inserts and cut everything to fit, you will have some "rattle" The only "chassis" noise i have is on very hard separations in the pavement and it is just as the front and rear axle pass that transition. My sway bars have significantly reduced that, bridge transitions used to be very annoying but now are hardly noticeable.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
just for reference, My cabinets are all solid wood as well as the pass thru doors being solid, not sure why i keep seeing that as if the Fleetwood's are all plastic or particle board made. The solid state counter-tops on the LX package are extremely solid and heavy built.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #42

On a regular highway, the only house (2014 33C) noise we have is dishes in the sink. On marginally maintained highways, we have a few squeaks here and there when hitting bumps, but nothing major. But, on some of the roads in Alaska (and a couple in Montana) we thought the rig might shake apart. And the water pump did - you know the roads are bad when a water pump housing separates. The rest of the house did fine.

The glass in the fireplace made noise so we stuck a toothpick between it and the metal and it stopped. The pull down shade on the passenger side had an AWFUL squeak; we oiled it and it stopped. There really isn't much else.

But, we travel down gravel and dirt quite frequently, probably more frequently than the rig was made for. The Bounder we have has taken quite a bit of abuse for the past year and a half and yet, it is in better shape than our previous tt after 6 months of similar abuse.

Before we bought the 33C, we really wanted a diesel. One thing stopped us: livability. We realized we would be parked more than moving. We drive for 6-8 hours a week but we park for about 160 hours a week. Do we buy based on the 8 hours or on the 160 hours? We chose the 160 hours. One thing I noted about the diesels under 35 feet - we didn't like the floor plan. Additionally, with the generator in front, it was loud in the living area when it was running (with it in the bedroom, we can close the door). We prefer the engine noise when driving rather than when living. All RVs are trade off...
dahkota is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 bounder, bounder, tow