RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #15

I am installing a new LED panel as well. A couple of things I considered was the bouncing of the RV while traveling and having the ability to lock down the TV. I found a good mount from Moview that has locking capabilities and is recommended for boats and RVs. I work in engineering with metals so the other thing to look at is the weight. Make sure the mount you purchase is rated for at least 1.5 times greater than the weight of the tv panel. Most people forget that those flat panel wall mounts are mostly design for homes where there isn't other loading forces upon them like in a RV. Hope this helps.

Blowsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Weight Rating

Same thought here. I'm replacing the single arm mount with a double that's rated for up to 165 pounds.

I'm still going to use straps to keep it from extending while we travel though.

Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had to re engineer my structure because I didn't like the first mount. The one I got was from Monoprice and it is a flat mount, no swivel, no tilt. I know the price is cheap but it is a quality product. For only $4.78 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma (Max 30Lbs, 10~26inch) | LCD Plasma Brackets - Tilting Type.
It also has a screw that "locks" it down. I also placed a 2"x2" piece of wood the full length of the tv behind it to wedge it in there. It's hidden by the tv and the facia of the original tv. I'm happy with the outcome, and I'm glad I was ablt to do it without straps. ( Not bashing on those that use them, I just didn't want to) Thanks for everyones help and hopefully this will give someone else an idea to get theirs done too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH7.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	16163   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH8.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	16164  

Name:	MH9.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	16166  
Old 12-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscribn1 View Post
I had to re engineer my structure because I didn't like the first mount. The one I got was from Monoprice and it is a flat mount, no swivel, no tilt. I know the price is cheap but it is a quality product. For only $4.78 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma (Max 30Lbs, 10~26inch) | LCD Plasma Brackets - Tilting Type.
It also has a screw that "locks" it down. I also placed a 2"x2" piece of wood the full length of the tv behind it to wedge it in there. It's hidden by the tv and the facia of the original tv. I'm happy with the outcome, and I'm glad I was ablt to do it without straps. ( Not bashing on those that use them, I just didn't want to) Thanks for everyones help and hopefully this will give someone else an idea to get theirs done too.
Nice job
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Dual Swingarm mount

This is what the new dual arm mount looks like installed. I had to cut quite a bit of the width of the mounting plate off to get it to fit within the enclosure. It's still pretty solid. It is a much better mount than the one I had before. I got it off eBay for $50 with free shipping.

The last picture is how much clearance there is between the strap and the screen. No worries about scratching the screen as long as the buckle is positioned as shown.

Muddypaws
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1864.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	16398   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1868.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	16399  

Name:	IMG_1871.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	16400  
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
LED TV install - Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36B

Nice job and photos are so helpful.
We have a 2000 Vision - and would like to replace the front CRT TV that's between the driver and passenger seat area, and put it in the middle overhead bin area. Anyone else do this already in a Pace Arrow Vision? Photos, lessons learned, how did you get this accomplished, etc.? We have oak and beige vinyl. What size flat screen works best? All our electrical hookups for TV, VCR, DVD, switch box, antenna, etc., are currently in this center overhead storage area. What happens to them?

How did you modify the space where old TV was removed? We'd like to create more storage (with some type of door to keep the stuff out of sight), but want it to look professional and match the rest of the dash area, etc.

Thanks,

Jim and Susan
2000 Pace Arrow Vision 36B
Oregon

meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install