RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2018, 05:23 AM   #1

Leveling System Power

Got off the road and get in position to setup for our Christmas trip. I set the break and power up the leveling system and no power to the panel. I checked the fuses and everything seams fine. Ok they are up not down, so I go to extend the bump out and no joy. What the! Any ides before I shorting the trip?

Smitty1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #2

First off - what make, model, year of coach, etc - with this info, members can assist --

zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro2kita View Post
First off - what make, model, year of coach, etc - with this info, members can assist --
I have a 2019 Fleetwood Flair 29 M we got it in Oct and this is our second trip.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:36 AM   #4

I have checked fuse and conecters to the leveling system. I tried to look at the parking break connector but is not clear what to look for. Gives the bumpout and leveling system is not working looking for something common to both. No luck so far. Again there is no power at all to the leveling system panel. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:41 AM   #5

Did you buy this from a dealership ? If so, the coach should be under warranty -

Did you contact the dealer for assistance ?
Do you have Coachnet for help ??
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:48 AM   #6

I did buy it from a dealer. So, I went to General RV in Orange Park Fl they took us in right away. They were able to troubleshoot the problem to the Aux leveling solenoid. Unfortunately they did not have the part available in the shop. So we cut our trip short and headed home. Contacted General RV in Richmond where we bought the RV and have them getting the part and will replace it. Thanks to General RV in Orange Park for taking care of us.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They only looked at the leveling solenoid? What about the slide problem?
On the Bounder they are separate systems and they are not linked. That would make me think they are not linked on your Flair (but ANYTHING is possible with Fleetwood).
Old 12-30-2018, 05:00 AM   #8

Thanks computer Guy. I mislabeled the its the Aux disconnect solenoid. As I understand, it energizes the ignition feed for both systems. I will be having them check the other systems to be sure all is working well. I have them checking the slide out alignment as the leading edge is 3/4" out from the back.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty1976 View Post
Thanks computer Guy. I mislabeled the its the Aux disconnect solenoid. As I understand, it energizes the ignition feed for both systems. I will be having them check the other systems to be sure all is working well. I have them checking the slide out alignment as the leading edge is 3/4" out from the back.
Humph. I had my slide out if alignment after they "fixed" the slide floor being out of alignment. That left the slide awning anti-billow unlocked. That caused the slide awning to come undone on the highway. FW then gad to replace the slide awning.
So, make sure they check the slide awning after they adjust the slide. RV techs aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and why I now stay with the rv anytime I have work done. And that is only if I cannot do the work myself.

Tags
leveling, power