Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2019, 08:06 AM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
latches

Good tip. I also found RB Manufacturing that makes Fleetwood latches.
Was sort of mocking myself - bashing my head on the slides. Never had em before, and stood up too soon (several times).
phil h k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 AM   #58

Replacement latches

As to the basement storage door latches, most, if not all, are made of plastic. Slam the door without pulling out the handle, and the plunger will eventually break. The latches are a pain to replace, but unless you like the look of duct tape, you have no option. Your latches are most likely of the "Fleetwood" style. Other latches differ. There is a vendor who usually advertises in Motor Home Magazine, who remanufctures latches, using aluminum instead of plastic plungers. A bit pricy, on the surface, but once you go thru the headache of replacing a latch, you'll think they are a great bargain. One caution, when reattaching the aluminum rods to the pivot plate portion of the handle, the press-on nuts are difficult to remove and install, due to lack of space to work within. If these nuts were to fall off, I don't see how you could ever get the door open, without damaging the door. Therefore, I replace the nuts with a washer and small cotter pin. Drilling the holes for the pins can be difficult, but worth the effort in my humble opinion. You will need some good needle-nosed plyers to install the cotter pins. Best of luck, and don't be in a hurry when doing this!
garyvont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:47 AM   #59

Slideouts and head wounds

Rather than spray insulation, use rubber "noodles" used for swimming aids. You have to remember to install, and store them, but they'll save you "noggin". There are probably specific, similar appliances made just for this purpose, available at RV stores.
garyvont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:40 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
latches and head wounds

Thanks for taking the time on a detailed response. That's what I needed ! Wife says we don't need "child proof" the bottom of the slides, and that sooner or later I'll learn my lesson...........we will see
Old 08-02-2019, 06:35 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
LOL, I thoughts so too, but still hit my head, worst is bedroom slide due to the height, the others are just head knockers, but the bedroom slide is almost dangerous, especially in the evening. Good luck and enjoy those slides and the coach.
Oh, as for weight on slides, I don’t think you have much to worry about, you would have hard time adding something heavy enough that would effect the operation.
We do dog show circuit and have seen people remove everything on slide and fill entire slide with steel dog boxes (top to bottom-side to side).
Old 08-26-2019, 11:40 PM   #62

Beautiful coach! I just sold my 06 Revolution a few months back. Had three slides, CAT engine and Spartan Chassis, bath and a half. We weren't doing as much camping as before and wanted to downsize a little and get out from under monthly payments.

I really loved the Rev coach. As many will tell you there is always something that needs attention on any coach, but its all in the game.

Yes, the top of the front cap was losing its clearcoat and I had mine repainted.... seems to be a common thing with those. Also, fogging windows in the dual pane glass is pretty common in any coach that has them. There is a company in Florida that will let you setup overnight on their property while they remove and repair your windows..... There are actually a few places available for that...

Good luck with your new purchase and safe travels!
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:31 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Still "new to me coach"

Thanks Glen.
I think we are really going to enjoy this coach. Work has been busy so not much time to work on it. In fact, I am having Master Tech work on it in 3 weeks. Feel a little guilty as they are doing some things that I would normally do. But then of course, they are also doing stuff I don't want to do !
For you guys that have sold a coach personally, my hat is off to you. I have had 9 people look at my Bird in the last few weeks, and last night was a repeat "customer" who brought his wife . Took em out for a test drive and she said she wanted to drive..........I live out in the country and was still on country roads.
I don't know what the norm is, but I don't want to go thru that again ! The pucker value of that road test was 10 !! Anyways, most of these guys are just tire kickers, and want to see this cool old Bird. Most of them don't understand the value or money thrown into these things. (I believe I just vented a little !)
Anyways, hate seeing my Bird plugged in outside in the elements, and my Revolution plugged in inside.
Good tip on the windows. If you remember who did it, let me know. Going to ask Master Tech when I drop it off if they can do it.
Wasn't going to keep this thread going, but might post some before and after pics of what we are doing to the interior. (that would be in a few months). Still kicking around some ideas with my wife.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:08 AM   #64

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil h k View Post
Thanks Glen.
I think we are really going to enjoy this coach. Work has been busy so not much time to work on it. In fact, I am having Master Tech work on it in 3 weeks. Feel a little guilty as they are doing some things that I would normally do. But then of course, they are also doing stuff I don't want to do !
For you guys that have sold a coach personally, my hat is off to you. I have had 9 people look at my Bird in the last few weeks, and last night was a repeat "customer" who brought his wife . Took em out for a test drive and she said she wanted to drive..........I live out in the country and was still on country roads.
I don't know what the norm is, but I don't want to go thru that again ! The pucker value of that road test was 10 !! Anyways, most of these guys are just tire kickers, and want to see this cool old Bird. Most of them don't understand the value or money thrown into these things. (I believe I just vented a little !)
Anyways, hate seeing my Bird plugged in outside in the elements, and my Revolution plugged in inside.
Good tip on the windows. If you remember who did it, let me know. Going to ask Master Tech when I drop it off if they can do it.
Wasn't going to keep this thread going, but might post some before and after pics of what we are doing to the interior. (that would be in a few months). Still kicking around some ideas with my wife.
I'd be leaving the Bird inside until I sold it. Looks inviting to potential buyers.
At the same time, you can inspect for leaks in the REV, if you're getting any rain up that way.
I have a little one in the rear bath, that I have't been able to find and one that's not always there, so.........
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wet Bird

See why I joined this Forum ? Even the wife likes the idea, so I can get the slides out on the REV while its plugged in outside. Give her a couple weeks to take the blinds off, remove wallpaper (where possible), and paint. Couldn't get the slides open in the bay where it was. Down side is I need to clean up my barn a little. Got lots of projects needing completed.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #66

Hey Phil

That place is SUNCOAST RV Window Repair in Hudson FLA. If you Google RV Window repair there are a few more out there....Good luck!
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:24 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Foggy Glass

Thanks again for your help Glen. Also found some places in Elkhart IN !
Old 08-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The REV is nice.....but that BB is wonderful!
GOLDWINGER2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:47 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Eye of the Beholder

Awe man, I know that. When my dad was getting old, he wanted me to pick him up at the nursing home and drive around downtown with the outside musical horns playing his selections. He would sit in the jump seat looking like a big king.

We have been tearing all the blinds/and associated blind stuff/wallpaper off the last 2 days.
Have removed all living room furniture, and will re-do. Looking forward to remodeling. If anyone has advice on a televator that would be great?

Thanks for all the input.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #70

Triple E Owners Club
Are you trying to sell the BB on your own or have you listed it with a broker like Randy Dupree?
lexton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood