Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2019, 07:41 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil h k View Post
Reading to my prior post, we could have saved money, but selected not to.
The coach was pretty much in good enough condition to run for a year or so.
I threw my money out on a security deposit, (sorry honey ). Probably could have saved on insurance, but never tried. We own a trucking company and just went with my agent's suggestion. Didn't need to do the body work, but you know...….every time I looked at the coach I would see the imperfections.
Didn't need the washer and dryer, but I'm married to a clean freak. Hope she doesn't read that. Those recliners are too awesome to describe. The curtains were all in good shape, but felt like Brady house kind of stuff (dated). My wife has put her touch on the new colors inside. Hoping to post pics in the next week or so.
Great post.
We think alike.

Enjoy
Good luck

Safe travels
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2019, 06:10 AM   #86

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We did it!

Hello Friends.

My wife and I just took possession of a new to us 2007 Revolution LE 40E.
Is a 2006 build so the Cat C9 400hp engine is Pre Emissions initiative. 75k miles in Black and Silver. Front clip painted by Spartan in last 6 months do looks brand, came out of Arizona and is super clean and underside is free of rust. Engine bay clean with no oil showing anywhere. Not because they cleaned it it’s just dry and clean. In love with the extra bath and room, it’s our first DP. Our previous coach was s Fleetwood Bounder 35B.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here's the 2 things I wish I could duplicate. My wife says I can't have everything, but I don't believe that yet. Wish I had more space for the driver to put stuff. I did attach an Ipad holder for my GPS. Still don't have a great coffee spot.
Bird had space for lunch, snacks, phone, drinks, etc. (Actually became a big catch-all for me.)
Really liked the booth. Daughter was with us last trip, and we plunked her in a recliner to eat......need another chair for the dining table for sure.
Booth was a great place for playing games.
Still thinking.
Sorry I have gone on for so long. Almost done. Need to get more curtain panels up, and the small couch.
Congrats to my fellow REV owners !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers seat.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	266715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	266717  

phil h k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:01 AM   #88

Phil h k, I can identify with you on the extreme lack of storage space up front. The junk cup holder at your left knee is worthless. Keeps closing every time I try to put my coffee cup in it. As a possible solution I bought a cheap foldable sofa table from bed bath and beyond. While sitting in my driveway, it fits nicely beside driver seat, seems sturdy and stable, and easy to move out of the way. But I haven’t yet been on the road with it. I would love to see what you come up with!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We purchased a Coleman cooler that has cup holders. We put that between ourselves when we are driving.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AU6G4QS/

We also store our InstaPot in there
OneOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:38 AM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great story line and enjoyable. Our 2007 came in under our 100k budget but had a great pedigree.

1. Arizona coach and Zero leaks or water marks.
2. One owner since new whom took meticulous care of coach.
3. New air bags all around, new totes with 2000 miles on them, 3 new tv’s.
4. Pre Emissions Cat C9 very clean and dry. No leaks
Anywhere.
5. Front cap and clip painted by Spartan and new Bra and vent covers included.

6. We live 40 minutes from Charlotte Mich Spartan Corp Office and plant.

Finally, we love the fit and finish and look of the coach. Still sorting it out but finding the only downside so far are the latches on the basement bins. Can’t figure out how to lock and very hard to latch. .
Old 11-15-2019, 06:42 AM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
boxer or fumbler

Hey Stonehands. Feel like I'm either talking to a boxer or a fella that dropped the ball a lot in sports...….haha, just kidding !
I have had latches in my cart twice so far, but never checked out. Found more important stuff needing done. Do understand where you are coming from.
There have been some great suggestions somewhere in this thread towards the beginning.

Drilled a few more holes for curtain rods last night. I feel like there can't be much more than an 1/8 of drywall, then the exterior skin. Always fearfull I am going to create an exterior flag pole holder by going all the way thru.

Lots of great advice. Had been messaging back and forth with one of the veterans on my post. Just bought some beam tech bulbs for my crappy headlights.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #92

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Boxer

Quote:
Hey Stonehands. Feel like I'm either talking to a boxer or a fella that dropped the ball a lot in sports...….haha, just kidding !
I have had latches in my cart twice so far, but never checked out. Found more important stuff needing done. Do understand where you are coming from.
There have been some great suggestions somewhere in this thread towards the beginning.

Drilled a few more holes for curtain rods last night. I feel like there can't be much more than an 1/8 of drywall, then the exterior skin. Always fearfull I am going to create an exterior flag pole holder by going all the way thru.

Lots of great advice. Had been messaging back and forth with one of the veterans on my post. Just bought some beam tech bulbs for my crappy headlights.
Hahahaha,, boxer. Agree with your observations on the Revolution cab area. No place for phone, coffee or anything for that matter. Our previous coach, which we haven’t sold yet, was s 35’Fleetwood Bounder. Had lots of places for coffee mug, cell phone and such. Thank you for the wonderful posts.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have to post more

Going to have to admit it. I enviously read about guys full timing, or retired and can go RV'ing whenever. Also understand these guys have earned all this fun. Just sent my wife an email (she's on the other side of my office), that we need to blast to Florida on a Monday afternoon in January, and leave back the following Sunday to get back. Of course she says yes.
So now, I compile a list of things I need to do to get ready. Already have 8 things to do...……….nothing major, no worries.
Yesterday I had a friend over. He helped take the front TV down.
It took us as long to do that, as it took us to switch the jeep back to stock tires.
The screw had been stripped that held the stupid TV in place, and of course the screw was 13 inches up, with 4 inches below TV to access it. Who ever put that TV up, stuffed all the wiring for the 3 TV's behind it. Finally can see how it works ! Purchasing the original switches for all 3 tv locations to get them all in sync. Got a "pro" who will come to my place when parts come in.
Wife says I need to stop this thread, and that I like to hear myself talk. That's not true. Having a new to me coach and sharing the trials and tribulations of it seems important to me. She shouldn't belittle the situation ! But I will heed her advice, and once the TV and couch are where they should be I will sign off.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:19 AM   #94

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Going to have to admit it. I enviously read about guys full timing, or retired and can go RV'ing whenever. Also understand these guys have earned all this fun. Just sent my wife an email (she's on the other side of my office), that we need to blast to Florida on a Monday afternoon in January, and leave back the following Sunday to get back. Of course she says yes.
So now, I compile a list of things I need to do to get ready. Already have 8 things to do...……….nothing major, no worries.
Yesterday I had a friend over. He helped take the front TV down.
It took us as long to do that, as it took us to switch the jeep back to stock tires.
The screw had been stripped that held the stupid TV in place, and of course the screw was 13 inches up, with 4 inches below TV to access it. Who ever put that TV up, stuffed all the wiring for the 3 TV's behind it. Finally can see how it works ! Purchasing the original switches for all 3 tv locations to get them all in sync. Got a "pro" who will come to my place when parts come in.
Wife says I need to stop this thread, and that I like to hear myself talk. That's not true. Having a new to me coach and sharing the trials and tribulations of it seems important to me. She shouldn't belittle the situation ! But I will heed her advice, and once the TV and couch are where they should be I will sign off.
We have similarities for sure. My bottom lining a question is keeping it under 1,000 words. I enjoyed reading your story and I also enjoy working on our coach almost as much as using it. Be safe and have fun!
Old 01-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
here we go

I complained way too much about a coffee cup spot for me.
Orbit had the best idea in that he used something for multiple uses.
This table is armrest high. Cut a hole, dropped a metal cupholder......and voila.
Its used in the living room when not driving.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	273717  
Old 01-30-2020, 08:32 AM   #96

Fleetwood Owners Club
interior changes

Sending bedroom pics first.
Colors might be a little bright for some, but sure works for us !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bedroom 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	273722   Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom 3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	273723  

Old 01-30-2020, 08:45 AM   #97