Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looking at "new to me" Fleetwood Revolution

Think this is my first post. Enjoy reading these forums.
I have owned a 1986 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40 for quite a few years, but and now looking at possibly purchasing a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE40.
Even though we love our Bird it is time for my wife and I to have something a little newer with SLIDES .
I have worked on by Bird since day one of ownership. I would have no problem driving coast to coast...............but SLIDES .
Would love to get a little feedback from some knowledgeable persons regarding 2007 Fleetwood Revoutions LE40.
Saw lots of pics, but I need to touch it, and see what needs fixing. Unit is 1500 miles from me. My 40 footer has a tag axle, why doesn't that Fleetwood? Thanks in advance for your input.
phil h k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to the forum. I’ve moved your thread here to get some Owner input. All the best with it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:17 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We own the same model/year.
Happy to answer any questions.
DM me.
OneOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:25 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
To answer your tag axel question. The only reason for a tag axel is to handle the weight. A tag axel is used when the single axel is not strong enough to carry the weight.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil h k View Post
I have owned a 1986 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40 for quite a few years, but and now looking at possibly purchasing a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE40.
Even though we love our Bird it is time for my wife and I to have something a little newer with SLIDES .
I have worked on by Bird since day one of ownership. I would have no problem driving coast to coast...............but SLIDES .
Would love to get a little feedback from some knowledgeable persons regarding 2007 Fleetwood Revoutions LE40.
Saw lots of pics, but I need to touch it, and see what needs fixing. Unit is 1500 miles from me. My 40 footer has a tag axle, why doesn't that Fleetwood? Thanks in advance for your input.

Where is 1,500 miles from you located? I have a le 40v.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the response. The seller is in Salt Lake City UT, and I live in the NE corner of Indiana. They will be sending me a video walk thru, hopefully today. I have been on as many posts as I could find regarding this model, but really can't find any negative stuff. I'm sure I will have more questions after I see the video. Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the response. The seller is in Salt Lake City UT, and I live in the NE corner of Indiana. They will be sending me a video walk thru, hopefully today. I have been on as many posts as I could find regarding this model, but really can't find any negative stuff. I'm sure I will have more questions after I see the video. Thanks again.

Did owner explain what a spartan le chassis is?
Old 07-02-2019, 04:12 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nope, again, sorry for responding late. Getting my place ready for 20 of my closest friends and relatives.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:35 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
These things always happen too fast. Would have been great for one of you Revolution guys stop at my place overnight. Have lots of room, 50 amp, sewer and water.
Video is happening after work today.........then have to make a decision of a 1K non refundable deposit to hold the unit.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
As you can see, it was our pick, after quite a bit of research for a 1 1/2 bath and bang for the buck. Money is what it's always about anyway, with so much out there to choose from.
May I ask what you're paying, which would really be more to the point of this conversation and since there are always pros and cons, with any unit.?
We bought ours, well under low NADA book, with 33K miles and looked new, in and out.

As for tag axles, modern coaches, usually begin at 42ft, with your BB being built more like a tank. Having said that, the 40E is just shy of 41ft and the rear axle is a little on the weak side, so a loaded coach, will be at max or slightly over in the rear. No problem though, unless you're in need of a heavy hitch trailer to pull. Since we pull 4 down and keep plenty of air in the tires, it's not an issue. Front is a good ton to the good on these and unlike the American's with a tag, that are usually at or over on the front.
The 40E is actually better with the fuel and fresh water tank full, since they are towards the front.

You'll ike the C9 CAT, but just be sure, it's an 06 engine, by calling CAT with the serial number. The 07 engines had some emission band aides put on that are causing some problems. Might even be a deal breaker.
A lot of CAT questions can be answered, including serial number info, by a very knowledgeable member on the iRV2 CAT forums and goes by the handle, CAT, as well.

You'll have a lot of questions later and especially within the first year, but overall these are pretty good units.
I especially like the basement compartment with most all the filters lined up in a row for easy change outs.

Our dilemma in choosing was somewhat like yours and we'd probably be driving a Prevost or Foretravel, regardless of age, if the floor plan and having slides would have been within our budget.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Always good to cut to the chase. Unit is around 80 k, with 40 k miles. There are so many to choose from, and so little time. Money dictates our decisions of course. Started looking at spending way more, but that didn't make sense. Wife and I would rather keep our stash for retirement. Don't want to move.........love our place. Live in country, have a large heated building where we can work on stuff. With that said, the 2007 Revolution LE40 came close to our wish list. Down side is buying something 12 years old. But I have been driving something 34 years old....... Here's a kicker, I will go thru a video walk thru after work, but there is also a fellow in MO who would sell me a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution 42N with a few more miles, and of course around 30 k more. Regardless we will be in a Revolution within a few weeks. Sorry I got so wordy in response. All of this is exciting.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #12

Something to look for is 99.9% of revolutions, front cap the clear coat will peel not a big issue to repair. So in your video if the cap looks good it’s been repaired.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #13

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Something to look for is 99.9% of revolutions, front cap the clear coat will peel not a big issue to repair. So in your video if the cap looks good it’s been repaired.
Don't think ours has ever been repainted and thought that sort of thing was always due to having a bra installed.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep, front cap definitely peeled, no bigger. Can fix that . Nice looking coach. Lots more amenities than my Bird . Will be getting a little more info from seller in am . wife really likes it, and doesn't like the idea of spending another 30k on a 42n. She loves the idea of driving down the road with the a/c running.....you guys are used to all these things . The realities of having to sell my bird are sinking in . Will update tomorrow .

Tags
fleetwood