Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #1

Looking to buy a Bounder 35k

Looking to buy a Bounder 35k and I'm looking to see how Fleetwood's quality if on there Class A RV. All opinions an experiences are welcome.
Burnstravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2017, 05:27 AM   #2

Look here

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:17 AM   #3

Bought a 2015 35K new.
So far:
Replace damaged floor tile three times.
Replace entire driver's side slide.
Replaced leveling jack computer.
Replaced step motor and controller.
Replaced all oil seals on generator.
Replaced Samsung residential refrigerator.

Everything except leveling jack and steps paid by factory warranty.
Quality for entire RV industry needs improved.
mpfritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #4

What was going on with the fridge? Having an issue with the temp in the fridge area, freezer works great.
Mag3051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #5

We love our 35k. Has it needed upkeep and repairs ? Of course but you will find that across all motorhome lines. The layout is fantastic for our family of 6
Old 07-26-2017, 05:43 AM   #6

Walking around Lazydays in Tampa I noticed the overall quality/fit and finish on the new Bounders is definitely up over the '16 I have. They use mostly the same components so those issues will still exist.
Nice to see someone ramping up on the quality though. I didn't notice if these were '17 or '18s but they were new arrivals.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just like anything custom or semi-custom built there will be issues.

The basics, like the chassis and transmission are solid. The overall layouts are fabulous compared to other coaches. The only real downside for me was the towing capacity, a little on the low side for some of my newest hobbies. Good enough to tow most cars with or without a dolly, but not enough to two a flatbed trailer with a car, ATV and/or CanAM Spyder.

The fit and finish, not bad but not extraordinary.

We have had no 'take it back for warrantee' issues in 3years.

Anytime you drive something as big as house down the road or let a vehicle sit for long periods, something is going to rattle loose, possibly break, not turn or dry out. I've had my share of those issues, nothing significant.

I equate it to value (quality / cost), good (not great) and lower cost (compared to other with similar layouts) is pretty high value...as opposed to high quality, high cost which actually turns out to be a lower value.

A guy with a $2Million Prevost asked me about our layout and was shocked that we have 2 bathrooms, he only had one...I'm not sure how he gets through life with only one bathroom.

If I buy a gasser again, it will probably be another Bounder 35k.

ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #8

My refrigerator and freezer both did not weprk due to a refrigerant leak that could no be found. Had Samung out three times. They finally just refunded the cost of the unit.
mpfritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #9

We purchased a new 2014 bounder 35k in late 2013. Aside from very minor issues ( we can see where interior construction issues were "covered up" and sometimes only a single nail gun nail is holding something together)
Other than that we've had a great run so far in several trips.
We looked at several both diesel and gas layouts and for the most part, showers are always so small. The 35k has a great shower.
Fleetwood came out with a diesel same size, wish my gaser had a second slide out in the bedroom like the diesel has and the king bed would have been great, however, an additional $100k is a little hard to justify the diesel.
I did install 5 star tune last year and omg what a difference in traveling over those hills.
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder