Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteOn View Post
I really appreciate all the responses. Now I have some direction. I've never dealt with the inverter before; my owners manual for the Inteli Power 9100 might make more sense after I've had some sleep. I didn't see a switch on the unit. Just an electrical plug in an outlet.
Being the fact it is an older Bounder and that he mentions a converter above, why does everyone think he has an inverter? Just a thought.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #16

I just looked at the brochure for a 2001 36K and there is no mention of an inverter as standard or an option. They do say your coach has a converter which is what charges the batteries. Of course you are the best one to know if your coach has an inverter or not. In the more recent Bounders that have an inverter the only thing they run is the entertainment center and the residential refrigerator if so equipped. I'm reasonably certain the kitchen outlets are protected by GFI outlets and a circuit breaker only. I think your wasting time looking for an inverter issue. Check the circuit breakers again and then the GFI outlets. That brown mark you mentioned my be significant.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteOn View Post
I really appreciate all the responses. Now I have some direction. I've never dealt with the inverter before; my owners manual for the Inteli Power 9100 might make more sense after I've had some sleep. I didn't see a switch on the unit. Just an electrical plug in an outlet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Racer View Post
Being the fact it is an older Bounder and that he mentions a converter above, why does everyone think he has an inverter? Just a thought.
Vette Racer
The Inteli Power 9100, (which WriteOn, the OP, DOES have), IS an inverter.
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
The repair guy used a tester in the three outlets and the neutral light didn't come on. He opened the outlet that seems likely the first in the series past the gfci reset. One of the wires popped out. When he removed the whole electric outlet box, 4 of four metal pieces are cracked all the way through. I'll have to post a picture cause I don't know what the parts are called. The metal pieces hold the electrical wires and pierce the wire to make the connection. It doesn't have a screw that the wires wrap around like in my s/b.
WriteOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #19

I know that the designations of these can change over time but the web site for the Intelli Power 9100 calls it an intelligent converter, there is no mention of any inverter function.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Vette Racer
Mel
Vette Racer
I apologize.
The Inteli Power 9100 is a converter/charger, not an inverter.
Sorry
Mel
Old 11-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Vette Racer
Mel

Uh, no, it is not. It is a CONVERTER.. I have one myself.

In fact if you plug in the optional Wizard (Which basically makes it a 9200 with dongle) there is no finer converter made.

I know.. I have one. I choose to use it rather than my PROSINE to charge batteries most of the time (only use the Prosine if

1: Intella power comes unplugged, which I usually figure out around 3am. or
2: Using Generator to recharge (Additional amperage).
Old 11-27-2015, 05:04 AM   #22

Interesting/comical thread.
I just purchased a 2007 Bounder 38N. I had a heater plugged into the bathroom GFCI and one plugged into the recep under/at the doghouse. The next evening, the heaters were off, as well as the two I had in the bays underneath.
With volt meter in hand, I checked ALL the receps, breakers, anything I could think of. Nothing was making sense. Some receps worked, others didn't, nothing was consistent, sporatic outages. I took receps apart, checking for loose/broken wires, looking for bad connections at wire nuts, NOTHING. Spent 2 hours doing this. AT NIGHT. Then, I chased down the romexes, went outside, looked all around in the inverter bay, noticed 2 yellow, 12-2G romexes going into/out of the inverter. I just happened to look down the side of the inverter, noticed one, of two, 20 amp, push/pull breaker was popped out. Pushed/reset the breaker and all's well. Except, the 2 receps in the outside bays are still dead.
I think they may be coming off the load side of the GFCI in the bedroom. It has power to it, but when I trip it, all that it shuts off is the recep itself. It has two romexes on it. So I assume the ones on the load side are going to the bays and the recep is bad. I'll be checking that tonight.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by malexander View Post
Interesting/comical thread.
I just purchased a 2007 Bounder 38N. I had a heater plugged into the bathroom GFCI and one plugged into the recep under/at the doghouse. The next evening, the heaters were off, as well as the two I had in the bays underneath.
With volt meter in hand, I checked ALL the receps, breakers, anything I could think of. Nothing was making sense. Some receps worked, others didn't, nothing was consistent, sporatic outages. I took receps apart, checking for loose/broken wires, looking for bad connections at wire nuts, NOTHING. Spent 2 hours doing this. AT NIGHT. Then, I chased down the romexes, went outside, looked all around in the inverter bay, noticed 2 yellow, 12-2G romexes going into/out of the inverter. I just happened to look down the side of the inverter, noticed one, of two, 20 amp, push/pull breaker was popped out. Pushed/reset the breaker and all's well. Except, the 2 receps in the outside bays are still dead.
I think they may be coming off the load side of the GFCI in the bedroom. It has power to it, but when I trip it, all that it shuts off is the recep itself. It has two romexes on it. So I assume the ones on the load side are going to the bays and the recep is bad. I'll be checking that tonight.
malexander

That is a common problemin RVs... as are bad connections at a GFCI receptacle which effect other receptacle farther down the line.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #24

Quote:
malexander

That is a common problemin RVs... as are bad connections at a GFCI receptacle which effect other receptacle farther down the line.

Yeah, the back side is labeled line & load. Line feeds it, load goes to other receps. When I took it out to look at it, I may not have gotten the wires back in the holes, or created the loose connection myself. It was sort of a cramped space & not well lit.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, power