Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I changed the settings from AGM to flooded cell and then changed the rest of the settings. The OP stated he could only choose 400 amp hour or 600 amp hour. I was able to change from 300 to 420 10 amps at a time.

I went by the manual, am I missing something here?
The AGM/FLA profile provided is generic. This is also why Magnum offers the Custom profile. If you want the best performance and life out of your batteries you should get the settings from the specific manufacturer model of batteries installed and use them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #16

Quote:
I changed the settings from AGM to flooded cell and then changed the rest of the settings. The OP stated he could only choose 400 amp hour or 600 amp hour. I was able to change from 300 to 420 10 amps at a time.

The older remotes only had a few AH settings.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #17
CLR

Quote:

Wayne
You must not have the Magnum or you have a different model and different display. None of the videos I watched from Magnum said you could change to that.
CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR View Post
Wayne
You must not have the Magnum or you have a different model and different display. None of the videos I watched from Magnum said you could change to that.
CLR,
Correct, there are different Magnum models of remotes as pointed out in post #10 of this thread. The OP does not indicate which one they are using.

ME-MR (standard that comes with a Bounder)
ME-RC50 (more options than the ME-MR)
ME-ARC50 (more advanced features and settings than a ME-RC50)
Old 02-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I obviously don't know what I am talking about so I am out of this conversation.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #20
CLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Magnum makes great products. Not sure if just changing what you want to 600 will solve your problem.
The inverter will do what the remote tells it to. There are a number of different remotes that allow deeper and more granular settings. It also makes a difference if you have an AGS, BMK and/or a PT.
ComputerGuy have you tried any other displays that will work with the Magnum? I'm not sure a Xantrex remote would work with it, but it would give me the adjustments I'm looking for.
Thanks
2017 Bounder 35K
Old 02-04-2018, 06:54 AM   #21
CLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
CLR,
Correct, there are different Magnum models of remotes as pointed out in post #10 of this thread. The OP does not indicate which one they are using.

ME-MR (standard that comes with a Bounder)
ME-RC50 (more options than the ME-MR)
ME-ARC50 (more advanced features and settings than a ME-RC50)
Sorry for the earlier reply I did not see this. Thank you for this info.
CLR
2017Bounder 35K
Old 02-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #22
CLR

I'm Upgrading to the ME-ARC50

Thank you to everyone for your input. I will be upgrading to the ME-ARC50 remote. It will allow me to take care of the batteries as they should be taken care of. Have a Great Day
Old 02-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
One other thing to consider on a magnum inverter. Does it have the battery temperature sensor? The temp sensor is optional and installs directly to one of the batteries. The presence of the temp sensor will change the charging profiles of the inverter.
Correct. If your batteries are not being fully charged <12.6V, this could also be the culprit. I had a faulty battery temperature sensor (BTS). Per Magnum tech support, when a faulty sensor remains plugged into the inverter, it defaults to the highest temperature, and will not fully charge the batteries. I experienced this a couple years ago and my batteries were only being charged to 12.2-12.3V. The short term remedy is to unplug the sensor from the inverter. It will immediately begin to fully charge the batteries. Of course the BTS needs to be replaced ASAP.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, inverter