Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #99

Rudy Levelers

First I want to thank all of you guys for all this ''mind blowing info' . Next, I got a headache from all that info at once.
I am not too tight with my brother in law, but he is an electronic engineer at honeywell. I talked him into coming over this weekend to lend his expertise to my problem. He is also a great mechanic. I will get back to all when we finish trouble shooting this RV
Thanks again for all the great info

P.S. this is a great forum and thread.
rudedawg1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2017, 07:25 AM   #100

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks again for all the great info
Make sure your parking brake is set. the system shouldn't even turn on unless its set.

ALSO - Here is a link to the manual. It has several systems in it. Look on page 14, I suspect this is your system.

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/PowerGear_Manual.pdf

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
Correct. The springs in the legs will pull them up. HOWEVER, I don't think you want the leg switches also activating the pump, because you'll need to energize the leg solenoid to get it to retract. I need to verify this. I can pull the fuse to one of the legs and tell the system to RETRACT ALL.

To extend, you energize the leg(s) and the pump.

To retract, you energize the leg(s) and the retract solenoids. When the system does a retract, it energizes the three leg solenoids and the retract solenoid.
You are right, we need to energize the solenoid legs to retract the legs. I remember when my rear left solenoid broke, all the legs would retract except this one. So the solenoid has to be activated like you say.

So a four switchs system should work like this

1 - Retract switch: Energize the 4 solenoids valve all at the same time. No pump.
2 - Front switch : Energize the pump and the front solenoid.
3 - Right rear leg switch: Energize the pump and the right solenoid.
4 - Left rear leg switch: Energize the pump and the left solenoid.

With this manual system, you can not retract one leg at the time. This is the way my Power Gear automatic system works anyway.

To raise the rear, one would need to activate the right and the left switch together because raising just one leg at the rear could brake something.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 AM   #102

Rudy levelers

Thanks again for your reply's. I'll try to post a pic of my control panel, a little
different than the ones I seen on this site.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #103

pic, I hope
Old 12-07-2017, 05:46 AM   #104

Rudy levelers

I'll try againClick image for larger version

Name:	20171124_145819.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	184974
Old 12-07-2017, 05:57 AM   #105

Got it!. You see the rocker on the right side of the panel. The on button lights when pressed, but no other lights come on when I pres them ( front, rear, left or right)
The motor hot came on when I ran it a little too much. Went out and touch the motor, it was warm, but not hot at all. So that light works, though a little to sensitive.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #106

There is no lights for front, left, right, rear.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #107

Thanks, at least I I now know that
Old 12-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #108

In fact the "Jack down" light should go on for any of the leg down.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #109

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
In fact the "Jack down" light should go on for any of the leg down.
In reality, the "Jacks Down" light is really a "hydraulic fluid level". When all the jacks are retracted, the fluid level in the tank should be full and the light goes out. If the fluid level is low, even though the jacks may be retracted, the light will stay on.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
In reality, the "Jacks Down" light is really a "hydraulic fluid level". When all the jacks are retracted, the fluid level in the tank should be full and the light goes out. If the fluid level is low, even though the jacks may be retracted, the light will stay on.
Good!

I have found this document that show some Power Gear fluid sensor. They seems to all be two wires which means that they act like a switch I suppose (not like a resistance).

So if one day someone want to bypass the control board, I suppose he could put a 12v led.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:17 AM   #111

Rudy levelers

More good info, thanks. ? what is the best way to find this thread after I log in
Only way I find is to go to my e maul and click the ink?
Old 12-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #112

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
So if one day someone want to bypass the control board, I suppose he could put a 12v led.
YUP - label it RETRACT / FLUID LVL

Tags
power, leveling, lippert, ems, power gear