Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Memory foam cusions

Our new Storm has memory foam in the cushions that are part of the dinette. We don't like them at all. When you sit in them for more than a few minutes you sink in so far it is hard to move either direction. I would really like to get new standard foam (firm) cushions cut to size and put the original covers onto them.

Has anyone else ever done this and who did you take them to.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Our new Storm has memory foam in the cushions that are part of the dinette. We don't like them at all. When you sit in them for more than a few minutes you sink in so far it is hard to move either direction. I would really like to get new standard foam (firm) cushions cut to size and put the original covers onto them.

Has anyone else ever done this and who did you take them to.
I just had it done, and the cushions re covered,, went to a auto upholstery shop..but also... I've went to the foam shop and replace the foam... if you in zip the cushions.. they come right out and the foam shop will cut to size..

If you buy a sheet of it you will need a foam saw to cut it..., the foam supply house will know what you want for the cushions..I use mom's electric knife to cut foam....nice and straight.... best to have them do it if you haven't done it before...I used to own an upholstery shop, so already knew what to do
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #3

Last winter I put new foam inside all the seat cushions in our more mature coach. It was relatively easy to do...kind of. Do your cushions have a zipper on one of the ends?

If you are interested in doing the foam replacement your self, let let me know. I can post the place I got the foam what type of foam we used and a few tips we learned.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:11 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Sure let me know who your source is!
Old 11-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #5

I used the
Couch Cushions, Chair Cushion, Boat Mattress, Boat Cushions
And used their instructions for measuring the foam. I also used their
DIY page
Boat Mattress, RV Bedding, Boat Mattress Replacement, Cushion Replacement
and used their Fiberfill Wrap
I used their HD36 Foam - High Quality, and wished I went with their Lux Foam - High Quality
Sofa Foam, Sofa Foam Replacement, Sofa Seat Cushions, Cushion Replacement

My cushions were two compartment cushions. Once I unzip the side zipper and removed the first section of foam, I found a second zipper for the inner most foam section. I would carefully remove the existing foam and measure it. Also you might want to try and insert the new foam inside a thin cheap plastic trash bag, and use a vacuum to draw the air out compressing the foam and making it easier to insert into the cover. I would then cut and remove the plastic bag. But I noticed the original installers just left the plastic in there.

Overall I was very pleased with the results. I do wish the foam was a tad stiffer for my body. My wife and I did this job last winter in our living room, and if we can do it, anyone can!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote