Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #1

Misaligned Sewer Hose Hole

I have a 2012 Bounder 35K. I've read where a few have experienced this problem on their coach and had it fixed by either the factory or the selling dealer but haven't seen what the fix was.
The hole for the sewer hose on our coach is off just enough that it causes the hose to rub against the threads of the hole in the compartment . It rubs pretty hard so I have to put a piece of cardboard between the edge and the hose to hopefuly prevent cutting the hose. I can't put a clear adapter on the y fitting so I can see when the tank runs clear. I've tried all the different degree fittings and none work.
For those who've had the issue fixed, what did they do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Misalignment-1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	119365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Misalignment-2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	119366  

JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, they really have some idiots putting these things together.

It looks to me like the tank fitting needs to be re-installed because in your second picture the discharge connection is touching (or almost touching) the back wall.

Looks like a major job since it is a "Y" connection.
The other option would be to purchase the next larger Deck Plate access panel.
Atwood has a 6" for $15
I don't think you should try to relocate the hole....you would have a ugly patch.

Maybe another owner has more insight.

Regards,

Dan
Old 02-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #3

Those are both good suggestions. Another option might be (from looking at the first picture) leaving the existing py-hi where it is (don't use it) and adding another py-hi somewhere else in the compartment. It looks like there would be enough room to attach your hose where the fitting is now and let it make a 90° turn and exit through the new fitting. I believe they also make a 90° plastic fitting that could attach to the end of your existing Y fitting, and connect your sewer hose to that.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH12 View Post
The hole for the sewer hose on our coach is off just enough that it causes the hose to rub against the threads of the hole in the compartment .
For those who've had the issue fixed, what did they do?
JohnH12
I've never botered to remove the threaded plug from the mis-aligned hole in the compartment floor.

I permanently "fixed the issue" by puting on one of these 45 degree clear elbows..see: Robot Check

Mel
'96 Safari, 146k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
They make a 45 degree clear adapter. That should cure your problem. In my parts catalog it is P/N 27669.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
They make a 45 degree clear adapter. That should cure your problem. In my parts catalog it is P/N 27669.
Yeah but, the OP wrote
Quote:
I've tried all the different degree fittings and none work.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #7

How accessible is the pipe on the other side of the valves? It may be easier to work from the tanks out. Another posibility is a square/rectangle marine hatch cover(the round one yo have is to close to the wall to go much larger)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I too wonder if you've tried all the adapters...
I've found two 45's can resolve a lot of angles and could be used to align yours...

with two connectors you can twist it almost anyway you want...

just leave them on all the time like I do...
but get a cap/end to close it off when not in use... like this
Old 02-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
How accessible is the pipe on the other side of the valves? It may be easier to work from the tanks out. Another posibility is a square/rectangle marine hatch cover(the round one yo have is to close to the wall to go much larger)
You don't need to change to a square hole, nothing says a larger round plate needs to be centered over the old hole.
I think this is really your best and easiest solution.

Regards,

Dan
Old 02-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We have a 2012 Bounder, and that is exactly what we did to "fix" the problem.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the same issue in our 06 National Surf Side, in fact the misalignment may a bit more pronounced. We have just used it as it is, and have had no issues with our sewer hose. I also put a clear elbow on the other end of the hose to be able to see the progress of dumping.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #12
YC1

Did the same dumb thing on my HR. I installed a larger deck plate.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's really poor that this easily remedied problem that can be eliminated for really no cost to them continues to exist after all these years across the Fleetwood line of RVs.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:59 AM   #14

Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions.
It looks like the immediate and least expensive solution is to use a 90 degree adapter and run the sewer hose through the same hole as the electric cord and fresh water hose. (I apologize to any with OCD about the fresh and sewer hoses contacting each other)
I also cut a template for a 6" deckplate that specs show is 8" in total diameter. It looks like it may fit with a little ABS patching required so it may solve the problem and allow the sewer hose to go through the larger hole with no threat of cutting it.
I also talked with the tech support folks at Fleetwood. They said they are aware of the problem but didn't offer a solution since the coach is out of warranty. They also said the didn't know how the warranty claims were actually fixed.
Take care all.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote