Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Question Missing Screen for Bedroom Window

I have a 2003 Fleetwood Terry Dakota 31' TT with a missing screen on the BR window. This is the exact same screen as the one we have in the lower bunk bed window in the rear of the trailer. Can anyone tell me where I can get this screen? It is for the emergency exit window and the one from the rear of the trailer fits perfectly, but I need another one.
pthomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I gather the entire screen, frame and all, is missing? Can you tell who the window manufacturer is? Look for a logo and name on the glass itself, e.g. Hehr or SEGI. You may be able to get a screen from one of their parts distributors.

It might also be able to build a new screen from a kit. Might not be a sliding screen like the original, though.
Amazon.com: window screen frame kit US Home Improvement
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
REF: Missing Screen

I don't see any mfg identity anywhere on the glass or the frame of the window or screen. The window hinges open on the top and has a simple slide out to open it at the bottom. It is intended to be an emergency exit because EXIT is printed in RED at the bottom of both windows in the camper. The outer measurements, including the mounting framework of the window itself are: 31-1/2" x 23-1/2" and the window frame itself measures: 29-1/2" x 21-1/2". The missing screen, rather the screen that fits into this opening, measures: 27-1/4" x 19-1/4" and has a 5/8" aluminum frame (white).

Note this is not a sliding window like the rest in the camper, but rather an emergency exit window that hinges open at the top - the screen is made for quick removal in the event of an emergency and thw window handle passes all the way thru the frame opening, allowing for exit by an adult or child in an emergency.

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Missing Screen for Fleetwood Dakota 829T

To all,
I called the toll free number on the website for Fleetwood RV Motorhomes today and talked to one of the reps there. He was very helpful and found a replacement screen for me, which I was able to order thru him. If anyone else has a similar problem with a Fleetwood Travel Trailer or 5ver, I would suggest doing the same. Thanks for the input TXiceman!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
REF: Missing Screen

Just as a follow-up to everyone interested, I got the window screen that I ordered from Fleetwood in Indiana, it took about 4-weeks, but it finally came, packaged very securely, between cardboard outer package and sandwiched between (2) pieces of fibre board. Screen frame was virtually identical to what I had and it fits perfectly. Customer service people at Fleetwood were very helpful and I would highly recommend to anyone to use them.