Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #1

Moving the head

89 Bounder 33W with aft bathroom. Would like to move the toilet into the closet/wardrobe area. Crawled under the coach expecting to find the blackwater tank located beneath the head. Instead, just saw a bunch of second floor paneling covering everything up. There are only two tanks visable. One is the fuel tank and I would expect the other to be the blackwater tank, as it is below all floorboards and would be impossible to heat.

My question is how to access the plumbing below the head and how much flexibility will I find when I do. The head is currently mounted next to the rear wall of the coach and centered in the room underneath the very small rear window. I wish to relocate it about three fee forward and three feet towards the passenger side of the window.

Any thoughts or experience with this kind of thing appreciated. I hate to go ripping up floor not knowing what is to be found beneath!

Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would say the first thing to do, is to find where the black tank is before doing anything. You won't have to move the black tank, but will have to have a way to get it plumbed, and I'm not so sure I'd want to do that. I have experience as a technician on RV's for almost 10 years.

Then if you do find it, and can move it, you have to close the open hole where it was. Honestly, I think you're opening up a can of worms for future problems.

Good luck

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Moving the Head

Hi,
Why don't you just get a Nature Head Composting Toilet? I checked out all the info on it on the interweb and will replace mine to.

Mark
Old 03-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Composting toilet

Hopefully in the next week or so, health and energy allowing I will post some info and pictures on installing a Separett Composting toilet from Sustainable solutions who also sell the Natures Head.
The Separett is a bit bigger but looks nicer (in my opinion). It can however be a little harder to install.
They are Also called WATERLESS Toilets and thats where the big advantage lies! NO Water use, NO Smell And No More Black Tank!!! Ever! AWESOME.

Best Regards,

Ed
2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 1200W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the composter ideas, but for now, I am just figuring how much work I will have to do to move the existing head a few feet and hope someone will jump in here that has experience with the plumbing for the head.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchinferu View Post
Thanks for the composter ideas, but for now, I am just figuring how much work I will have to do to move the existing head a few feet and hope someone will jump in here that has experience with the plumbing for the head.
You might call Fleetwood Customer Service ( 800-322-8216) and see if they have the plumbing schematics for your coach. I don't know how long they retain the build sheets, but they are very responsive to requests for plumbing and electrical drawings. You will need to provide the FIN (Fleetwood ID Number) of your coach, and they are closed on weekends. Good luck to you.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote