Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Multiplex controllers

I have a 2013 American Tradition with a shade problem at 2 locations. The shades/blinds panel lights up, but the shades in the galley and half the bedroom don't move. I've looked for a fuse on every multiplex controller I can find and nothing seems to be blown. Not completely sure where to look. Fleetwood sent me a wiring schematic, but that doesn't tell me where the controllers are located. Everything seems to work but the shades/blinds.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2018, 04:54 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Multiplex Controllers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
I have a 2013 American Tradition with a shade problem at 2 locations. The shades/blinds panel lights up, but the shades in the galley and half the bedroom don't move. I've looked for a fuse on every multiplex controller I can find and nothing seems to be blown. Not completely sure where to look. Fleetwood sent me a wiring schematic, but that doesn't tell me where the controllers are located. Everything seems to work but the shades/blinds.
I would have responded sooner, but I just saw your post. I think your controllers are under the bed, under the carpeted panel. You could take things apart, unplug the power, plug back in, and your switches should work. Or, you should have a domestic fuse box (rectangular shape) in with your inverter compartment or batteries. If you remove the cover, you should see a list for those fuses. I THINK F-34 is for your bedroom shades. Pull that fuse and reinsert and the bedroom shades should reset. Find the label for the galley, and do the same. Or, you should have a 12volt switch in that compartment. Turn "Off" and Back "On" and that should reset all controllers. Of course, if you have a more serious issue with the controllers, that will not work. The controllers do not like RF interference, which became a more serious issue on more later models of Fleetwood products.

Good Luck

Fred '12 Eagle
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car1 View Post
I would have responded sooner, but I just saw your post. I think your controllers are under the bed, under the carpeted panel. You could take things apart, unplug the power, plug back in, and your switches should work. Or, you should have a domestic fuse box (rectangular shape) in with your inverter compartment or batteries. If you remove the cover, you should see a list for those fuses. I THINK F-34 is for your bedroom shades. Pull that fuse and reinsert and the bedroom shades should reset. Find the label for the galley, and do the same. Or, you should have a 12volt switch in that compartment. Turn "Off" and Back "On" and that should reset all controllers. Of course, if you have a more serious issue with the controllers, that will not work. The controllers do not like RF interference, which became a more serious issue on more later models of Fleetwood products.

Good Luck

Fred '12 Eagle
Thanks Fred. This helped allot. I checked again the F34 fuse and it was OK. Then I switched off all the 12v mains and this must have re booted the CPU's because all is well now. I'll remember this the next time it happens. Thanks
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #4

I have a 2016 American Allegiance.
My controllers are located, 1 by the front drawer in front of the drivers seat.
1 under the drawer by the kitchen sink.
3 behind the couch and 1 under the drawer of the vanity.

I found these by doing a very detailed cleaning, pulling out all drawers and everything else that would come apart. it is amazing how many screws and other small parts you find.
DonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #5

After I posted my controls in the bedroom quit working.
the multiplexer is under the bed so instead of going through the work of pulling it apart I just killed all of the power to everything AC and DC.
Powered it back up, presto controls are now working.
All I had to do is reset the clocks.
DonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #6

Though mine is a little older, I've found that unplugging the harness to the CPU (power) waiting a minute and plugging back in fixes a lot of things.

My water heater electric portion didn't work. The on/off switch for the electric portion is under the bath sink but the on/off for the propane portion is on a multiplex switch panel. Removing power to the multiplex CPU allowed power to the on/off switch below the sink and the water heater started working again. I still don't understand why.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote