Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #1

Multiplex Switches Stopped Working

We have a 2016 Bounder 34T. Mostly we love it and live in it full time.
Tonight the multiplex (illumaplex?) switch panels stopped working.
1) The front interior lights come on when the door is opened and are on a timer. They work normally and go off after a few seconds after closing the door.
2) The step disconnect switch does not work and that's how we first noticed the problem. The step retracts and deploys now each time the door is opened/closed.
3) The panels of switches will light up when one is pushed but none of the switches activate the lights, the vents, the slides etc. Normally the "active" switch stays blue.
4) None of the switch panels in the coach are working, front or rear.
5) I checked the fuses in the "control centre" in the bedroom behind the TV and there are no problems listed in the diagnostics and (as far as I can see) no blown fuses.
6) The manual switches for reading lights in the coach do not work either.

So, there is 12V power because the timed lights, the vacuflush the steps etc all work. The Dining room slide has a separate manual switch, and it works. The galley and bedroom slides are on the multiplex switches and they do not work. The switch panels themselves light up when touched but won't activate anything.

Are there two "legs" of 12V power? Is there a location where there is a fuse for the multiplex switches?

I know it is Christmas day (Merry Christmas all!) but I am hoping to get some help to point me in the right direction to solve this... Living in the dark until then.

All thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Again, Merry Christmas
MarshallC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum, helluva way to spend Christmas!

I have the same model and feel that I have read something similar but can't locate it. I am on a slow connection and having trouble researching it.

First thing you can try calling Fleetwood technical support. I have found them helpful. Have your FW build ID number and/or your Ford VIN handy.

Then go to https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/warranty-questions and fill out the form and ask for schematics. You might be able to see something in them to help for the search.

Also look in the Battery Control Center maybe I saw something in there. There is a schamatic inside of the cover panel. I'd go look but I have too much holiday cheer to be around electric stuff.

Try the forum search up at the top if you haven't. You might get lucky. Hopefully someone smarter than I will chime in.

Edit: The Vacuflush and slide breakers are in the BBC and I think the steps operate off the chassis battery with a fuse in the BBC.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #3

The schematic I have for my 2016 35K shows that the multiplex panel pulls it's power from the BCC. It does not have a circuit number for that list but the schematic says it's two 6GA red wire circuits. It says that the terminal it connects to on the BCC are labeled "CIRCUIT BREAKERS" I'ld open the BCC and see if there are some internal breakers inside that are tripped. Look carefully at the inside door cover of the BCC there should be a schematic printed there that may identify the circuit. Good Luck

I found the above information in the transfer switch wiring schematic.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #4

Update on Illumiplex

Thanks all. Tried each suggestion and here's where we are now.

I have used the Control Panel (following the User Manual found online) and checked all the fuses, and the settings shown in the manual.

Everything appears to be fine except the "8 Switch Panel Diag" screen which shows "NoComm" at each location. I followed instructions and disconnected each of the 4 communication cables on the back of the panel and nothing changed. Each still shows "NoComm".

I also removed one of the switch panels and unplugged the comm cables. Nothing changed on the panel.

The individual switch panels light up when a button is pressed, but nothing happens (ie the individual panel lights do not turn Blue). I have managed to manually turn on the Step to keep it open and I can at least turn on the lights manually as well (so we didn't eat Christmas Dinner in the dark...)

Called Fleetwood and they called back today. It's beyond their expertise so they gave me the number for Precision Circuits. I also sent Precision an email. Waiting to hear back.

Anyone know if there is a way to reset these switch panels? All devices have power to them but only manually through the control panel.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's now 15 below...
Old 12-28-2017, 05:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Multiplex Switches Stopped Working

Hopefully Precision Circuits is open and has contacted you. I have lost the operation of one switch, but not a whole panel or multiple panels. American Coach's "cure all" for this is to shut off your "Aux 12 Volt Switch" for 30 seconds or so and then turn it back on. I hope this works for you. I have contacted Precision Circuits myself, and found their Customer Service very good. Let us know the resolution.
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:20 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi MarshallC and RRR, I have the same Bounder model 34T 2015 30 Aniversary, anyway interested on what you find out. I do not have this problem so can not help you.

Alan & Terry
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well maybe carl1 is onto something. If all else fails reboot the system.

15 below and full time in it? I commend you! What is your secret to keeping warm? Maybe FW did a better job of filling the holes in the floor then mine. I just found a 3/4 X 2" hole for passing two 16 gage wires, and another that is 3 X 41/2 to pass through two 1/2" water lines, stretched so tight I doubt I can get something around then to prevent them chafing on the floor.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:57 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry you're going through this. We had the same thing happen a month ago. Luckily I figured out how to manually override everything directly from the panel as well.

Basically I tried all that you did. The ultimate fix was replacing the Illumplex panel and reprogramming it. I didn't do this, I had La Mesa RV in Albuquerque do it (this is where I bought the RV and the service warranty that paid for it).

Sorry I don't have better news or a quick and easy fix for you.
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #9

Yeah, if a reboot (use the battery disconnect switch for the aux battery) does not fix it I am betting a bad circuit board on the illumiplex. Not something the typical owner wold be able to tackle.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:38 AM   #10

I have the same coach and also like it very much.

I hope this is not your problem but I had similar issues and spend hours and hours looking for the issue. Turned out the main wire harness had fallen onto the propeller shaft(drive shaft) and wore through about a dozen wires causing shorts and switch’s not working etc. this happened just ahead of rear differential. Wire is supposed to be tucked above the heat shield.
After splicing and ceiling I drilled holes in heat shield and wire tied everything up, it was just shoved above heat shield by the factory. High quality engineering?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8CC23C59-745A-4086-9DD1-C3C01B07B0B2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	187319   Click image for larger version

Name:	42097812-B784-4687-9660-2CE6B687F7F1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	187320  

KenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:03 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Problem solved???
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What solved the problem? I have a 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K and it has the same lighting so I am interested in how you solved the problem, in case that happened to me.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #13

Update: well, actually a non-update

First, thanks to all for the suggestions. I stepped through all of them but no luck yet. To cap things off the day I was going to call Precision (they did not call me back) I was called away to an emergency job about 400 miles away. I just got back (now Wednesday 3 January). My wife looked after the fort with only the manual switch lights and the step disabled. A real trooper.
It's also up to a balmy -13... Supposed to get warmer though.
Anyway, tomorrow I will begin again with testing etc and start with a call to Precision.
I will update as I find out more.
Thanks again all. The suggestions and support are much appreciated.
Happy New Year.
Marshall
Old 01-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #14

Update For Real This Time

Spoke with Danny in Tech Support at Precision Circuits. He has heard of a board going dead and is sending a replacement. FANTASTIC customer service at Precision. I wish more companies were this good.

To replace the board, I just disconnect the batteries at the main switches, mark the cable locations with a Sharpie on the back (so I don't mix them up ) and replace the old with the new. No re-programming required.

I'll report back after the new one has arrived and I have installed it.

Thank you again everyone for all the support and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Marshall

Tags
switch