RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 09:29 PM   #309

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
My Poor Visibility Headlights

Quote:
Since my Rev comes with big ol' 7" fog lights, I decided I needed headlights MORE than fog lights and that I would use that hole. I didn't want to pay the big bucks for HID, so I got this very high quality H9 Hella projector set up. Comes with adjustment screws and bulb (even though description says it doesn't). I then had to buy the mounting rings and the wire pigtail. Lilnks below.

Headlights - $55 each
http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-00819302...ilpage_o06_s00

Frame - ~$8 each

Amazon.com: HELLA 157659007 Mounting Frame for 90mm Series Lamp: Automotive

Wire pigtail - $6

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Putco-230009HW-Automotive-Lighting-Standard/dp/B001MA1Q4G?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui _detailpage_o01_s00]Amazon.com:

For those able to add these Hella projectors, you will love the result. They make an HID version as well, but they are very expensive (almost 8X the price).

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Great write up!

My 2003 Rev has the same supernova output headlights like your Rev OEM ones. I've filed this post so I can reference it when this project comes up for action.

Thank you and take care.

----
Dave & Young
2003 American Coach Revolution 40C
Link to Projects on our 2003 Revolution 40C
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...0c-285523.html

Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #310

Bounder headlights

Brian

Know that this is an old thread but will try anyway
We have a 2012 Fleetwood Bounder Classic and headlights are completely useless. The low bean is aiming about 5 ft and high bean about 10 ft !!!
This is since new (we bought new in 2013) and even after trying to ask two dealers to adjust then apparently they did nothing (Lazy days in Tampa and Camping World in Orlando)
I tried to adjust it myself but only screw I found that looks like for adjustment does nothing.
Did you succeed in adjusting yours?
Any tip or site with a video about that?
Thx for any help

Muttley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:51 AM   #311

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll do my best to remember, been a while. Unlike a car where the headlamp assembly fits nice and snug, my Bounder has brackets that hold the assembly in place. I did my best to use both the adjustment screw on the assembly, and make adjustments to the brackets.

I don't know how much of this thread you have read, but every place I called refused to work on a class "A" because the customer was never happy with the result. Even after adjusting mine and having what I thought was a good result when shining the lights against a wall, real world driving proved I had done little to improve the beam.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #312

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just ran across this thread today and read the whole thing. Very informative!

My '08 Bounder has pretty crappy lighting at night, too. Naturally, I discovered this the first time I drove it at night. Naturally, that was on an unlighted rural highway in Wyoming, last summer.

I got a couple of Deco replacement lights on Amazon (Deco and TYC were recommended by The Retrofit Source) to replace my really, really yellowed and hazy original lights. I restored them once, but it didn't last. Will be putting Meguiar's sealant on them before installation. The lights in my Bounder appear to be For OEM units, at least judging by the numbers on the back. When I Googled them, I came up with links to Ford OEM lights, and wow, they are expensive!

I also have a set of Morimoto 2Stroke LED bulbs coming soon. I was considering putting in a full HID conversion with Morimoto Mini projectors, but opted for the simpler solution this time around. If the LEDs don't do it for me, I'll go HID later and put the LEDs in my Odyssey.

BTW, if anyone with an '08 Bounder is looking for lights, the numbers indicate they are from a 2006 Ford Expedition. Will post back here after I get the new lights in. Fortunately, my driveway is long enough that my garage door can serve as an aiming wall.
bluegiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #313

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My dad who is a mechanic used to have a funny expression. He would say "what This needs is to jack up the radiator cap and drive a new car under it".

I guess I sort of fall that because I finally got rid of my bounder and bought a Winnebago… DP. Not suggesting that's the answer for anyone but it does fit my dad's radiator cap story.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #314

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey, if my wife told me I could buy a DP, I'd certainly start shopping for one Probably not a Winnie, though, although they are very nice motorhomes, because I experience a peculiar effect in them, at least in their new gas coaches.

I can't even sit in the driver's seat before I start to get carsick from looking through the windshield. Every one of them does it. I eventually figured out that it's the combination of the rake and curvature of the windshield. No other motorhome does it to me, but every new Winnie and Itasca does. Very strange, and I love everything else about them, but I've learned to not even set foot in one at RV shows lol

bluegiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights