RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Need power window switch, HELP!

I am trying to locate a replacement driver's door power window switch for my '96 Pace Arrow Vision, Intellitec #00-00368-000 or advice on how to replace it with an acceptable version from something else. It has wires that are permanently attached which will make adapting another difficult at best. My switch works but the soft touch cover has deteriorated to the point that it is hard to make contact to go up or down at will. I have no idea what other vehicles also used this switch which also controls the power mirrors and the heat for the mirrors. I have never used that function so one that may not have the heat wouldn't matter to me. If I can find a way to adapt a separate switch for the windows to my switch I am willing to do that. Any advice or suggestions?
THANKS!

Don't tell me I can't do it, just tell me it won't be easy.
vacationer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #2

If you can take the switch out and to a junk yard, you may find a guy there that can identify what car it was originally designed for. Then you can buy a new one.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have been informed by Intellitec that it is no longer available and there is no adaptable item available either. I believe that even though it is for my GM chassis that there is probably not any GM or other brands that will fit since they put identical bodies also on Ford chassis as well. I have tried doing online searches by manufacturer, part #, and application to no avail. My only hope is trying to possibly find one at an RV salvage yard hopefully in better shape than mine. But due to the age of it I don't expect to find one any better.

Don't tell me I can't do it, just tell me it won't be easy.
vacationer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #4

What they are telling you is likely BUNK! Your switch was not designed for the RV. It was designed for a car or pickup truck, and used in your RV. Find the vehicle and you will find the switch.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with Full, Monte - maybe you could contact Intellitec again requesting information about what vehicles this may have been used on. 96 models really are not that "so old" and probably quite a few are still around the country. I would imagine a junk yard would surely have something.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
A window switch is a switch that reverses the wiring on one side. In other words, on one side the left side is plus and the right side is minus. On the other side of the switch it is just the opposite. To raise the window you just reverse the current from the lowering direction. Any window switch should be able to be adapted to the door. Just find a switch that you can install in the door.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #7

Smile Intellitec door switches,

I have the exact same problem with my 1997 Pace Arrow, and had similar problems with my 1987 Komfort Motorhome. It was also on a Chevy chassis, and had a wiper delay module that was no longer available. The Chevy dealer parts guy just chuckled and suggested I look in a junk yard. When it comes to these older model RV's, you just have to get creative. They often use parts that are neither from the chassis nor the coach manufacturer. I'll bet their still doing things that way today, but maybe some folks don't know about it because they're too ritzy to drive an older model.
You can replace the window switch with an aftermarket window switch. You could have a mechanic do it, or if your stubborn like me, you'll figure it out for yourself. I'm going to replace mine soon, and will post here what wires you'll need to cut from the board and re-attach to a new switch. That way if I mess up while learning, maybe I can save you from messing up too. I just ordered a new switch from Amazon, and will probably get to work on it by mid-week.
roaminranch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #8

Lightbulb Intellitec door switches, another solution?

Ive decided to try something first before I cut into any wires, (which I hate to do). I've found a compound on American Science & Surplus : Items Just Off the Truck that might clean the contacts on the micro-switches for the window. The micro-switches are just under the push-button for the window. You have to pull out the whole door switch assembly to access them, but there are only two screws to remove on top of the arm-rest. My switch has two circuit boards that are held together with a few little phillips screws, and I will attempt to take it apart and clean it before I do anything else. From what I can see the circuit boards look fine, and probably it's just that the micro-switches have accumulated dirt on the contacts, thus rendering them sporadically operational. I'll let you know how it turns out and post some photos just in case anyone has the same problem and finds this thread. The compound is called "CORROSION-BE-GONE, 0.3 OZ CONTACT CLEANER (B)", and also one called "KEYPAD FIX, 0.3 OZ CONTACT CLEANER (B). The stuff won't be here until next week, so until then... so long.
roaminranch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #9

Contact Visones RV Salvage.com
Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #10

Does this switch have power window, r and left mirrior controls and heated mirrors? I ordered this from Fleetwood around 3 years ago. Somewhere around $250.oo I think. Gave them the part number off the back.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pacearrow96, having the same problem with my switch, same MH. Did you ever get yours resolved?

Tags
power, window