Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New 2012 Discovery 40G Owner

Hello all - We just upgraded from a 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS class C to a fabulous 40' Discovery bunk model and are thrilled...just curious about any modifications that you current owners have made that really has improved the coach or made your life easier?
BlackOpsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. Congrats on your new FW.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats on the new Coach, We also have a Fleetwood Discovery but a 40X, I love the coach and have been working to do some upgrades to try and achieve a little different look than others.
Let's see some pictures and you will get more ideas from all the guys!
Where are you from??
Craig
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #4

Welcome aboard. You'll find this site to be a wealth of knowledge.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just bought a 2013 40G also and love it. One of the first things we need to get done is to move the CO detector which was placed on the wall behind a cabinet door in the bedroom. This only allows the cabinet door to open 1/2 way. Can't understand how something like that gets out of the factory.

Next modification will be a Blue Ox bike rack mounted to the towbar.

Also looking at upgrading the exhaust vents to a reversible model with a thermostat. Just haven't decided if we should get one that has a rain sensor or if we should go with a cover like the Maxxair.

The valve stems on the tires are too short or pointed the wrong way to hook up the tire pressure sensors. Need to see if we can have that modified and how much it will cost.

A problem I need help with is the satellite system. We have the Wineguard in motion system and when the coach is parked it works fine hooked up to the receiver from the house. One receiver operates the galley and front tv's, a receiver in the bedroom operates that tv. The only instructions included tell what input to select on the tv and the dealer told me they don't know how to run it. When we start the engine, the satellite signal (on HDMI 2) disappears on the galley tv even though the galley tv and receiver still have power. The front tv is on an ignition disconnect and won't power up when the coach is running. Does anyone have a similar system and know how to make it work while driving?

Lastly, good luck with your new coach and enjoy it!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome. We have a 2010 40G and love it. We have not made major changes, we have just added things like the MaxxAir vent covers, sewer cyclone vent system(then you don't need to put chemicals in the toilet), added tire and window covers from RV Sunshades http://www.rvsunshadeco.com/. As for satellite, we have the same system using Direct TV. Bedroom receiver operates bedroom and outdoor, and the galley receiver covers the other two. Never had problems, except the wires for the outside TV were not pulled through all of the way. Once we figured that out, no problems from there. Enjoy !
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome. Great RV. Enjoy!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
we have the KVH in motion and our system works exactly as Gary mentioned. We selected the Dish pay as you go program, don't like to pay when not using the system, I honestly have never used the tv while motoring. So no help here. It will be answered soon! Folks here are extremely talented and pass along information freely!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Craigls2,
On my 2010G there are TWO 120v receptacles in the front overhead compartment on drivers side where Satellite is plugged in. All I had to do to bypass ignition switch you're referring to was to move plug to the other receptacle. Now copilot can watch TV on the run

hope this helps
tmmk90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmk90 View Post
Craigls2,
On my 2010G there are TWO 120v receptacles in the front overhead compartment on drivers side where Satellite is plugged in. All I had to do to bypass ignition switch you're referring to was to move plug to the other receptacle. Now copilot can watch TV on the run

hope this helps
Thanks tmmk90. I may not have been clear but the problem isn't with the front tv. It has an ignition switch and I'm fine with that. Our sat receiver is in the galley by the forward facing tv and runs that tv and the one in the front. When I start the engine, I lose the signal to the galley tv even though the tv and receiver both have power.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood reply

Sorry about hijacking the thread about upgrads. Just want to let you know the dealer put me in touch with a tech from Fleetwood. He thinks the problem is that when the coach starts there is a power interuption to the inverter that causes a hiccup in the system. He wants me to try running things with the generator and see if the signal is still lost when the coach starts. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The thread has gone cold but finally have more info. Tried running the sat system on shore power and still lose signal to the mid tv when starting the engine. Problem does not occur in the rear or exterior tv. After much back and forth with Bryan from Fleetwood, he said I need to take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out. Covered under warranty but a pain none the less.