Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 08:20 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New Bounder 35K Owner Questions

We just brought our new 2016 Bounder 35K home last week after purchasing in December and storing it at the dealers over the winter. We are just getting it outfitted and discovering all the nuances.

I have a few questions to put out there (probably the first of many) that I could use some help with.

1. When driving there is a very loud squeaking coming from the microwave when the roads get a bit rough. I've tightened up the two screws that attach it to the upper cabinet but that didn't help. It seems to be coming from one of the clips at the bottom right on the wall. Could I just put some foam padding in there to quieten it?

2. We put the awning out for the first time. Initially it would not go out all the way. Then we could not retract it completely. What we found was the center support didn't seem to be positioned properly and was binding. Anyone else ever have this problem. With the help of a ladder we got up and pushed it over to the left and were able to retract it. I'm trying to avoid a trip back to the dealer if it's just a minor adjustment.

3. On the dash, left and under steering wheel there is a USB outlet. What is the purpose? Can it be used as a charge outlet?
Bshevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Congrats on the new purchase.
I can help with #3 The USB will connect your phone to the Radio Receiver for streaming music/Pandora etc. It also charges the phone as well.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #3

Hi BS
I can't answer any of your specific questions from my experience. You may find this thread usefull in dealing with a 16 35K. Is your coach a 30th anniversary or the earlier 16 model? Is it a 5 speed or a 6 speed? If it's a 30th Anniversary it's almost certainly a 6 speed.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajayabb View Post
Congrats on the new purchase.
I can help with #3 The USB will connect your phone to the Radio Receiver for streaming music/Pandora etc. It also charges the phone as well.
Thanks Ajayabb. That is what I thought but the Fleetwood Manual only showed it as a USB port and gave no description. The Jenson radio also has a USB input as well so I wasn't sure.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Hi BS
I can't answer any of your specific questions from my experience. You may find this thread usefull in dealing with a 16 35K. Is your coach a 30th anniversary or the earlier 16 model? Is it a 5 speed or a 6 speed? If it's a 30th Anniversary it's almost certainly a 6 speed.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...ce-276429.html
Yes Brenda & Al it is a 30th Anniversary model. I've just read over your reference and found it very informative. I notice you had a problem with your awning as well but I'm not sure if it is the same reason. Ours the center support when it slides out it goes past center and locks out the movement of the outside supports that are trying to extend the awning. It also jammed when we tried to retract it. We had to get up a ladder and push it at the awning outside back to the other side of center.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #6

On the USB port, it is supposedly only a power port.

As for the Convection Oven squeak, we had a squeak on our 2016 33C that the dealer handled. Not sure what they did to fix it.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #7

I have a 2014 with the same squeak. Looking forward to hearing a fix too.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
The squeak can be fixed two ways, a wedged shim on the top to push the microwave down tighter on the lower bracket and then a little WD40 on the lower bracket. You can see the metal tabs that fit into openings...that's where the noise comes from - metal on metal. I thought I was going to go out of my mind on the first trip from Wisconsin to Florida having to listen to that squeak...my wife actually thought of the WD40...worked perfectly. I squirt it once a season.

ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #9

My awning issue is due to the bracket screw shearing on the rear bracket. There are supposed to be two screws on each bracket and my coach only had one screw in the front and rear bracket. My awning is till jammed and won't open . It's on the repair list for when I take the coach to the Fleetwood service center in June. The list now has 37 items.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
The squeak can be fixed two ways, a wedged shim on the top to push the microwave down tighter on the lower bracket and then a little WD40 on the lower bracket. You can see the metal tabs that fit into openings...that's where the noise comes from - metal on metal. I thought I was going to go out of my mind on the first trip from Wisconsin to Florida having to listen to that squeak...my wife actually thought of the WD40...worked perfectly. I squirt it once a season.

ron
Thanks big time, Tried your method out. Keeping my fingers crossed. I couldn't make it squeak afterwards sitting in the driveway (It did before). The real test will be when it hits the road. It looks very promising.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
On the USB port, it is supposedly only a power port.

As for the Convection Oven squeak, we had a squeak on our 2016 33C that the dealer handled. Not sure what they did to fix it.

When I plug my IPhone 6 into the USB, it will automatically launch Pandora from my Phone and bring all my channels up on the touch screen. You can also stream Bluetooth audio from your phone as well
Old 04-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post

ron
Success!! Took her out on Sunday for another trial run on both highway and city roads. Microwave didn't make a noise. Now all the other rattles (cabinet & cupboard contents) are very noticeable. I guess we'll solve those with experiment and experience. Thanks for the help rmueller.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #13

We had the same squeak. Used a little WD40 on the two small brackets on the bottom of the microwave that hold the microwave to the wall.
R2014Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
What does the entry step button do on the 2017 35K bounder that is located just inside the door on the panel

Tags
bounder