Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question New Recliner for Providence?

In our 2003 Providence, we currently have a dark brown "Euro" recliner with a seperate foot stool. Although the recliner is extremely comfortable and just like new, the foot stool always seems to be n the way! I would love to replace it with a nice off-white leather (leather-ette?) wall hugging recliner - small in stature and width. Any ideas where to look? I've done some "googling" and saw some nice options, but all were priced in the over $500.00 range. Thank you!
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
In our 2003 Providence, we currently have a dark brown "Euro" recliner with a seperate foot stool. Although the recliner is extremely comfortable and just like new, the foot stool always seems to be n the way! I would love to replace it with a nice off-white leather (leather-ette?) wall hugging recliner - small in stature and width. Any ideas where to look? I've done some "googling" and saw some nice options, but all were priced in the over $500.00 range. Thank you!
Ran across this the other day, it is a division of Lippert Industries, they make a lot of stuff for the RV industry. This seems like a nice chair for $355.00 and it is specifically for an RV. You need to go towards the bottom of the page and click on the picture of the chair.

http://store.lci1.com/shared/StoreFr...unt2=494697213

Take a look!

Jim
Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #3

We replaced our fold away couch/bed or whatever they're called with a rocker/recliner from Lazy Boy. It has the same dimensions as the Leatherette one that came with the rig. She who must be obeyed loves it and it doesn't move a bit while driving, it's very stable. No it isn't secured to the floor and yes it will probably move around in a head on crash but if that happens I got more important things to worry about

We're going to replace our Leatherette recliner with a standard Lazy Boy model in the very near future. In my opinion, the leatherette is too hot in the summer I don't like it, if you were in the southern California area, I'd give it to you.

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #4

I'm in So Cal. I want to get rid of the swival chair that came w/mh. Hell to watch TV in.

Mark
626 910 1455
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #5

Mark,

Check your Private Message file.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool

Jim, great link! Yes, it does look like a nice recliner for the money, but I don't think it's a "wall hugger"? I'll have to read the specs on it.

Mark and Paul, I'd love to come to California to get it - just a bit too long of a drive. Hmmm....Too bad the shipping would probably cost more that a new chair, or I'd say, "Let's talk"!

The "leatherette" is fine for Michigan, as we don't have that much in the way of hot weather!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #7

Just replaced our Flexsteel recliner with a Lazy Boy. BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Never knew how hard or uncomfortable the false leather recliner was.
No problem bolting it down either!
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #8

Born2rv,

The leatherette that came with the rig is like Baby Bears, a Flexsteel that feels like it weighs a couple of hundred pounds, the shipping wouldn't work. It looks like Mark is the winner!

I looked at Lazy Boys yesterday and they win hands down, and they're easier to keep clean, that leatherette is a pain according to she who must be obeyed.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
For those of you who are looking at Lazyboys - are you looking onliine or at a local store? Are you considering fabric or real leather?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #10

I bought one for the wife last year in a local store and I'm getting mine from the same place. Cloth for us not leatherette.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
FWIW, I got a flyer in the mail today about an annual clearance event at La-Z-Boy starting next week. Ya might be able to score a good buy on your recliner then. Also, with La-Z-Boy reclining furniture, the backs are removeable, making them a snap to get through the doorway.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you! I'll track down a Lazy Boy store!!