Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2016, 08:21 PM   #1

New Step Controller Works Backwards

Recently purchased a Step Motor controller for my 99 Bounder. After getting it all hooked up, I found that it worked backwards. If the door is open, the step is in, and if it is closed the step is out.

I have tried unbolting the motor and moving the step to the other position then bolting it back down, but this did not work. The controller just realized the change.

Anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Marcus

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 08:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Any chance you reversed the wires when connecting?

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some take different switches. You might have to get the correct controller or change the switch.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #4

I have replaced the controller with the exact same part that I had before - Kwikee 909510000. And all wires were either part of a plug or ground wires, so nothing could have been reversed. I am wondering though if maybe the wires from the controller to the motor plug were accidentally reversed during manufacturing? I am going to call Kwikee once they open today.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I recall reading several years ago that the switch was changed, causing that problem.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #6

Indeed, the door switch was set as normally 'closed'. The newer switches are set as normally 'open', so the controller is expecting the opposite of what the wiring actually provided. Solutions: either buy a newer door switch, or - what I did - reverse the wires going from the controller to the motor. This has been working like a charm for a couple of weeks now.