Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Question New to bounders and motorhomes Help

We purchased a used 2018 Bounder 35K from a dealer and did not get all of the manuals. Also, after reading many posts here I have questions I hope someone can answer.
1--I have the flexible valve extenders with metal wrapping on the inner dual tires
-can I put TST 407 TPMS sensors on these stems acceptably. I think I read that this may cause leaks but can not find the thread. Do you use TPMS on these stems?
-If I need to get extra long stems for the inner tires where can I get some really good ones? My local truck servicing center does not carry them but will install if I get them.
-Can I just fill these extensions with a regular tire chuck or will they give and flex such that I need to get a special air chuck. The tires came with 78 pounds of air in all 6 but I fear this may be low and also need to know for contingencies. Also do you just hold chuck while filling these large tires or get a chuck that will stay attached to the stem?

2-The panel over the door has what appears to be light just over the hot water switches for electric and gas but this does not ever light. Should it and is it to indicate the water heater is on.

3-The radio under the outside TV is broken. When it worked for a few days it was not very good. It is a BOSS AV------ unit rated for 40 W and the dealer will replace it under warranty but we would like to get a better one installed. Does anyone know what radios will fit there and is it hard to replace. I know if I get a good radio I may need to replace the 4 ohm 40 W speakers also.

4-Where can I get a full set of manuals including the F53 chasis?
ccrewstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrewstx View Post
Do you use TPMS on these stems?
Should it and is it to indicate the water heater is on.
Where can I get a full set of manuals including the F53 chasis?
I've used TPMS on my tires with the wire stems with no problems.

The light shouldn't light during normal operation.

Check out this location and ask them for the manual and any blueprints or drawings you may want: https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/technical-assistance
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The light on the monitor panel indicates when there is a problem with your hot water heater. I.e. if only he propane switch on that panel is on, but you have the propane off at the tank, it will light up.
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #4

78 lb for a 35 K sound too low. I would expect more like 90 lbs. The right thing to do is to have the loaded rig weighed by wheel to find the heaviest loaded wheel and set the pressure for at least that tire loading or a bit more for all the wheels.

No problem with a TPMS sensor on the braided extenders. At first I was concerned as the sensor contacts the rim but after 16,000 miles, no sign of abrasion.

I have considered the extended length valve stems. You have to order them and they are very specific to wheel type. They are just like regular stems once installed.

Most air chucks have a type of friction hold, edges that grab the threaded end of the stems. Just holding the chuck against 90 psi is not smart.

Brand new units do not come with all the manuals. Are you talking the owners manual or the complete chassis F53 manual? The owners manual is online download. The chassis manual is not cheap. The manufacturer have made the availability of chassis manuals limited,figure a couple of hundred $s.

One of the first thing I did when I got the Bounder is to track down download manuals on as many of the units on the Bounder, like radios, and TV. It is not easy for everything starting with identifying what models you have. And they change between model years.

As for the exterior radio, it is not just a radio. It is a sound system that the TV sound can play through and DVDs can be played onto the TV. Shop accordingly.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
To give you an idea on the tire pressure I run my fronts at 85 and rears at 90. This is on the Michlen 235/80R/22.5 XRV on my rig in signature which is a little smaller than yours. The pressure falls inline to to Michlen tire size/weight charts and my weights. I would defiantly boost the pressure up to what is displayed on the sticker that should be displayed on the wall right behind the drivers chair.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:15 AM   #6

78 does sound low, but to be sure put all your 'stuff' in the MH, fill the water tank and fuel tank, then go to a truck stop and get weighed. 4 corner if you can but even the two axle weight will give you the info you need to set tire pressure. Then look up the tire pressure load chart for your brand and size of tires and put the recommended psi in the tires when they are cold.

For the inner braided extensions you will have to find a Truck shop or Chrome shop that sell them. The just screw onto the existing metal valve stems and should be rather universal in fitment. Once they are on and fed thru the wheel and simulator hand hold, they must be attached to the side of the wheel simulator center hub or bracketed on a simulator lug nut stud. Mine have brackets riveted to the center simulator hub, these have lug brackets:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-5-24-5-W...4AAOSwIJlaJa2A
Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #7

I am not a real fan of valve stem extensions. The ones delivered with the Bounder are very good ones are are positions with rubber blocks.

What I prefer is extended valve stems. The issue with extensions is if the valve is placed at the end of the extension, the extension rubber hose is holding tire pressure and if the hose wears through, you suffer air loss of the tire.''

If the extension leaves the valve in the stem, then the plastic rod running through the center of the extension can be too short and difficult of open the valve for filling or too long and can open the valve if the cap pushes the rod.

Extended stems are about $100 but the wheels need to be removed, and the tires dismounted to install the stems.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with Mark Buss on the braded valve extenders. Both of mine have gone bad. They have twisted a bit while filling and the internal valve pin won't open the tire valve properly. When the first one went I had an actual long valve stem put on the tire. Yup $100 sounds right because the tires have to be dismounted. I have just taken off the second one. I haven't had an extended valve put on yet. Still crawling underneath to adjust the air.

And definitely 78 pounds is too low. On the wall by the drivers seat is the information on our coach and the recommendation is 90 pounds

The external radio that Fleetwood put in is the cheapest one the company makes. Ours no longer acts as a speaker feed for the TV anymore. We rarely use the outside TV (not a big TV user) so it doesn't bother us. I'd say, yes try for a better model (much better model) if you can.
Bshevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, bounder, motorhomes