RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Good looking coach and trailer combination.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 09:58 PM   #30

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrat's on a good first outing!

Old 05-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #31

Trip #2 happened this last weekend, MH sat in the shed since last month. This time it was warm enough out that my wife needed A/C on while it was in the back yard to be packed. I don't have a plug setup here yet so I told her just run the generator. I had never run it longer than an hour so it needed some exercise anyway...4 hours later another issue showed itself. Apparently the alternator was out and I just hadn't ever run it long enough to expose it. Was able to snag a new one shortly and replace it for the trip which was really important since it would be the only means of having A/C while traveling since the dash a/c is inop. Also lost a good bit of electrical functions when I backed it in the driveway including but not limited to-Turn signals, docking lights, rearview camera and leveling jacks. Finally found the culprit. The lower solenoid under the driver side windshield in that box that I don't have any labels for the circuits! This allowed me to learn what a few of them were...

This was another trip to the St. Louis area for a barrel race and once more problem came up, it seems the faucet in the shower is leaking behind the wall....and there is no access....so, looks like I will be cutting an access hole in the bedroom wall to get to the faucet and replace unless someone knows a trick I'm not aware of...possibly magic?

Pics below, showing shiny new parts and the faucet I will tackle soon...

[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/26i7qzY][/IMG]
[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/26i7pWy][/IMG]
[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/27oTcka][/IMG]
Old 05-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #32

Good to hear from You !
Your Genny Alternator is a Denso 1002111680 and is available all over for less than a $100 Bucks, I carry a spare. I loose one every 5 yrs. or so - must be the heat. Also Keep the Battery in good shape.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Sandfarmer, the bathroom faucet looks just like mine, in my Monaco, and I do have the access panel behind it. Only thing back there is the water lines and they tighten up on the backside of the faucet! Mine were very tight, and had no leaks back there at all! I rebuilt the faucet from the front side, they are just standard stems with O-rings and a flat rubber washer on the end. You can buy the whole stem at the hardware store or the RV parts store!
If it is indeed leaking behind the wall, then it would be leaking all the time the water pressure is built up! Mine leaked behind the plastic knob, when the water was turned on, pretty badly, till I replaced the O-rings and the flat washer! Rail!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #34

As Rail posted, if it don't leak all the time, it's the valve. You can take it apart while standing in shower.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Sandfarmer, the bathroom faucet looks just like mine, in my Monaco, and I do have the access panel behind it. Only thing back there is the water lines and they tighten up on the backside of the faucet! Mine were very tight, and had no leaks back there at all! I rebuilt the faucet from the front side, they are just standard stems with O-rings and a flat rubber washer on the end. You can buy the whole stem at the hardware store or the RV parts store!
If it is indeed leaking behind the wall, then it would be leaking all the time the water pressure is built up! Mine leaked behind the plastic knob, when the water was turned on, pretty badly, till I replaced the O-rings and the flat washer! Rail!
On mine the plastic fitting coming out the bottom of the faucet where the hose attaches is where the water just pours out of the Gold cover, kind of like it's cracked behind there. From what you say I'm hopeful I can pull the knobs off and get access to the cracked part. I pulled on the knobs but they didn't seem to want to move but I didn't get too rough on them since I wasn't prepared to make the repair at the time...
Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfarmer View Post
On mine the plastic fitting coming out the bottom of the faucet where the hose attaches is where the water just pours out of the Gold cover, kind of like it's cracked behind there. From what you say I'm hopeful I can pull the knobs off and get access to the cracked part. I pulled on the knobs but they didn't seem to want to move but I didn't get too rough on them since I wasn't prepared to make the repair at the time...
Using a small flat head screwdriver or a wide thin putty knife, you pay off the "H" and "C" cap on the knob, should be a Phillip head screw that holds the knobs on... behind knobs you should see a hex nut that holds the whole thing together....
Old 05-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Using a small flat head screwdriver or a wide thin putty knife, you pay off the "H" and "C" cap on the knob, should be a Phillip head screw that holds the knobs on... behind knobs you should see a hex nut that holds the whole thing together....
Ahhhh, ok glad I didn't just go nuts prying and pulling
Old 05-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Moved on to another small issue, the only light I can't get to work on the inside. Over the dresser drawers in the bathroom, has voltage so I suspect the ballast has gone bad. Ordered a new fixture off of Amazon and the lighting should all be 100% functional.

Also cleaned both the Refrigerator and hot water heater gas chambers and surrounding areas and both lit on Gas successfully. Slowly but surely working my way through the list.

[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/He4Q8Q][/IMG]
Sandfarmer on your light fixture look under the ballest cover. I think they are riveted on. Mine had a fuse soldered to the circuit board. It might just be blown.
pff54p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:44 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pff54p View Post
Sandfarmer on your light fixture look under the ballest cover. I think they are riveted on. Mine had a fuse soldered to the circuit board. It might just be blown.
Since then I've installed a new fixture and checked voltage and it seems I don't have any. There are 4 wires coming down tied 2 and 2 and when I pulled on the "extra" 2 to see if I could figure out where they went they were just about a foot long cut off and stuck up in there....so somebody had been up to something there at some point. Never did get that one figured out or get the light working.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:11 AM   #40

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Great looking coach

Looks great. Thanks for your posts and pics. Know you will enjoy the American.
Coach Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #41

Quote:
Since then I've installed a new fixture and checked voltage and it seems I don't have any. There are 4 wires coming down tied 2 and 2 and when I pulled on the "extra" 2 to see if I could figure out where they went they were just about a foot long cut off and stuck up in there....so somebody had been up to something there at some point. Never did get that one figured out or get the light working.
By chance that light get power from the same light on other side? I'm wondering if you took a wire clothes hanger and try to fish a wire over to that light?
Old 05-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
By chance that light get power from the same light on other side? I'm wondering if you took a wire clothes hanger and try to fish a wire over to that light?
That's the idea that I had and figured it would be the most simple solution, I have a "fishing" rod made for running wire that I got when I was going to install some cameras at my house and figure I can reach over there to the other light possibly. It's worth a shot!