RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjorin View Post
I took it to the service center and they tell me someone has removed the hot water heater and crimped all the lines to it.
(Note to self - in the future, when diagnosing problems over the Internet, start with the basics.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjorin
Can anyone point me to a place where i can find a good used one cheap?
Any RV salvage yards near you? If not, try Googling "used rv water heater" - HERE is what I get. For a new one, I'd look HERE first.

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #30

Thanks for the info but I am figureing thats to much money for me right now.
Has anyone used one like the one in the link i posted before?

I have been looking at these HWH and i noticed some of them require a 40amp breaker. My trailer is 30amp not 50amp so I dont think that kind will work right.

jrjorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #31

I think I might have found a better solution. Please look at this and let me know

http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...g&NpsRfrMfg=12
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think any of the point source or tankless will be too much electrical load for your RV.

Better plan to do it the right way. Any recourse back to where you bought it due to nondisclosure?

Ken
Old 05-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #33

nope it was sold to me as is
Old 05-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #34

I'll make this suggestion based on my experience: find out what water heater was in the coach originally, do a google search on RV Salvage, call till you find that exact unit or a "drop-in" replacement, have your local RV shop install it. Make sure when buying thru the salvage outfit what your guarantee or return options are and if those are not palatable, instead shop around for a new-with-guarantee H2O heater (i.e. guaranteed as installed by your local guy; he may insist the purchase is made thru him so his labor is covered if he has to R&R it if it turns out to be defective).

Retrofitting different type or model of water heater and you won't match the intake/exhaust setup built into your existing rig, plumbing may need additional modification... Sounds like you need cheap & simple. In this case I'm thinking the closest possible match to the OEM heater will give you the best bargain, especially since you'll be paying shop time for the install.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #35

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to order the manual and see how everything was hooked up orginaly.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
You are right about the propane detector - the green light needs to be on, and (from what I understand) it 'taint. In the more sophisticated systems, if the light is off, then the main valve controlling the gas flow will not open. (I'm making some assumptions here, based on your input) To get the propane detector to come alive, you need a solid 12+ volts to the unit. This means the battery needs to be charged up, and the main 12V switch needs to be ON. Also, there may be a fuse in the system. If you hit nothing but dead ends, I suggest calling the trailer manufacturer's tech support. I have found them to be most helpful, and will step you thru the repair. They probably have done this a zillion times.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey nbounder...the op found out he didn't have a water heater on his rig. Must have been on another thread he mentioned that.