Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 10:45 PM   #1

No furnace on zone 2

I went out to turn the furnace on because of cold weather. Zone 1 is normal but zone 2 on my 2007 Bounder dp Dometic CC ll only shows cooling, fan and off. “No furnace. “ Anyone have a solution. All worked last winter. I have two a:c rooftop units and two furnaces. The zone one furnace works and there are no error codes. Thanks
Tajfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajfish View Post
Dometic CC
Classic failure of the KISS principle.

The little buttons tend to go bad and the switch contacts rear out. I had them go bad on two MH.

Google the part number. In my case it is obsolete. Found a guy on ebay that will refurbish the units.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #3

Thanks, I will search on ebay in case I need to repair the control center. Just had my a/c with heatpumps (both died within a week) units replaced in June. Went back with just a/c units as we like the gas furnaces better for heat snd now this happens.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Are you certain that you have two furnaces? Our Bounder has one furnace, and a heat pump on the rear a/c unit.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
You should see heat electric....heat gas...when moving your switch from off to heat. Do you have a three way switch??? Cold off heat...
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #6

No furnace zone 2

Yes, I have two a/c units up top and two furnaces I have a 2007 Bounder dp 38S. It does not have switches to choose heating. It has the donetic control center ll digital controls. And the zone 2 just stopped showing “furnace” as a choice.
Still looking for solution
Old 11-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

First thing to try is a reset of the t-stat. Should be instructions in your tstat manual.

Or use these instructions:

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpr...r_recovery.pdf
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #8

Furnace

Thanks Gary. I will be trying this reset tomorrow and will post results
Old 11-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #9

no furnace

Greetings, just wanted to let you all know I did not just walk away from this post. My phone started saying "too many redirections" whatever that is and I could not get back on the site. My hard drive crashed on my laptop, installed a new one and back on line.... that being said, I appreciated the advise from this forum.
I tried the reset on my Dometic CCll thermostat and it did not take care of the situation.. I read somewhere that I need to disconnect power to the system ? and see if that helps. So I found the wire schematic for the air conditioners (which were replaced in June this year - yes both) I will see if I can disconnect the cat5 cable if I can find it by taking the filter down from the ceiling in the Bounder. That is suppose to be the communication cable to the CCll.
Still appreciate any advise if someone has had this situation where you lose the "furnace choice" in mode on zone 2.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajfish View Post
Greetings, just wanted to let you all know I did not just walk away from this post. My phone started saying "too many redirections" whatever that is and I could not get back on the site. My hard drive crashed on my laptop, installed a new one and back on line.... that being said, I appreciated the advise from this forum.

I tried the reset on my Dometic CCll thermostat and it did not take care of the situation.. I read somewhere that I need to disconnect power to the system ? and see if that helps. So I found the wire schematic for the air conditioners (which were replaced in June this year - yes both) I will see if I can disconnect the cat5 cable if I can find it by taking the filter down from the ceiling in the Bounder. That is suppose to be the communication cable to the CCll.

Still appreciate any advise if someone has had this situation where you lose the "furnace choice" in mode on zone 2.

In case someone has this issue in the future, I found out why there was no option for furnace on zone 2.
I found the dip switch in the ac control box for zone 2 had bee shut off ( probably when I got my new ac units installed this summer, the switch for the heat pump is right next to the furnace switch and needed to be turned off. Provably hit both at that time by mistake).
I checked zone one and turned off the dip switch for the heat pump, then did the reset that Gary showed me and all is working correctly now.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
No Furnace

Tajfish, I have the same issue. Can you tell me what you mean by AC control Box and where you found it. I have tried the t-stat reset but it did not help. Both of my Furnaces aren’t showing up.
Ford_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Racer View Post
Tajfish, I have the same issue. Can you tell me what you mean by AC control Box and where you found it. I have tried the t-stat reset but it did not help. Both of my Furnaces aren’t showing up.

Yes, i found the control box for each air conditioner by taking the grill and filter down from the ceiling. Each unit had a control box about 6” square. There was a small door screwed on the bottom side and inside that door is the dip switches. They are labeled. After making sure the switches are set right you will need to do another reset on the control center tstat to activate any changes. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
No Furnace

Thank You Tajfish, I will try that this weekend. I appreciate your response.
Ford_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #14

https://cdn.dometic.com/assets/28/54...4.pdf?att=true
This is a link to my air installation manual, page 15 addresses the dip switches in the control box.

Tags
ace, furnace