Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2014, 10:29 PM   #1

No heat in my Bounder bed room

I have a class A Fleetwood Bounder (2002).
The heater in the main living area heats up fine. The heater (blower) use to work in bed room but has resently stop working. Is this a fuse problem or something worse and how do you get in to check for loose wires? You can here it click when the thermastat is on . Right now I have that zone shut off. Ideas and commits please and this is the propane furnace
chilsonmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #2

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179768

Not sure if you are having the same problem but I got mine to work after some initial problem solving. Turns out, it was just my thermostat.
2013 Fleetwood Storm 32BH, cheap handling fix, 5-Star tuned, custom cut Tempurpedic mattress, LED'd out, and custom mounted dog kennel. 14' JKU Willys Wheeler toad, SMI Stay-n-Play brakes, Demco Commander tow bar, Roadmaster brackets
nomad10th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

See my Furnace Troubleshooting article in the FILES section.
iRV2 Forums - Files - RV Furnace Troubleshooting

If you hear the click at the furnace, it may well be that the fuse for the 12v circuit that powers the furnace fan is blown, but you will have to search for it (it's not in the furnace). Could also be the fan control circuit board in the furnace, but that's not common.

The +12v from the thermostat just triggers the furnace to run, using it's own connection to 12v power. The fan runs for a bit, then the ignition sequence starts and gas flows. If the fan doesn't run, you aren't getting to even the very first step.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #4

No heat in Bounder bed room.

So we do have 2 furnaces hubby took cover off back furnace nothing in vents, can herd it click at furnace and it is getting propane. But still no fan checked fuses and they are fine. He thinks it's the regulator?
Old 12-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilsonmac1 View Post
So we do have 2 furnaces hubby took cover off back furnace nothing in vents, can herd it click at furnace and it is getting propane. But still no fan checked fuses and they are fine. He thinks it's the regulator?
I've had a similar problem on my 04 Bounder! It seems the furnace 12v power is one of those things Fleetwood doesn't like to easily label and have you find. But, Both furnaces run off a fuse in the 12v power center. Mine was marked as "Accessory"! If that were blown they'd both be off. However, there is a breaker on each furnace (if they are Atwood's) and that one could be tripped. It should be located next to the off/on switch on top of the blower.
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #6

turn off all power to the thermostat then turn on and try again.
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #7

When we were checking the furnace we did have the thermastsT off when we turned it back on all the furnace did was click. Thank you for all of the suggestion. DH thinks it the regulator
Old 12-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
a bottle of wine and the DW heats ours just fine
Old 12-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A Heating blanket works great.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder