Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #1

No hookups to Satellite with bedroom and outdoor TV's

We have a brand new 2013 Bounder 33C. It has 4 televisions (1 in front, 1 in living room, 1 in bedroom, and one outside). When we purchased it we placed a Direct TV HD receiver in an overhead bin in order to get the prewired satellite. The satellite works fine for the front two TV's. The issue is that the bedroom TV and outside TV are not hooked up to anything (we see the hdmi cables just sitting in an overhead bin in the bedroom). We can get antenna and cable, but no satellite. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this taken care of?
sheltie038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unfortunately you need a second sat. Rec. for the bedroom and outside tv. Unless someone can come up with a better way to get the one rec. to feed all TVs. Which we have not been able to do on our Revolution.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The receiver in my RV (Vip-211k) has HDMI going to the main TV and the Coax output going thru a box of many buttons to the bedroom, garage, and exterior TV.

I don't know how the HDMI is split already in the OPs set-up, but with a BOMB, the signal from the SAT receiver could be routed to the 2 other TV's.

I would venture a guess that there was a second receiver in the plan for the TV's that currently don't work...that would explian the problem.

Best of luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
Community Administrator

I have three tv's ( front , rear and outside ) and they are all hooked up to one receiver.
Here is box they're all connected to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2615356514.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	37904

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1401314093.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	37905

Maybe a call to FW would assist. 800-322-8216

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I should have mentioned you can give Fleetwood a call and have then send you a schematic of your audio/video wiring specifically for your coach. I got mine and could from that see why I needed a second receiver. The other problem with trying to use only one receiver is, how do you change channels when back in the bedroom or outside if the rec. is up front? We have 2 "zones" of infrared control, one is the living room area and the other is bedroom, outside area and the two are not tied together in any way.
It is difficult to apply how our coach is wired and attempt to apply that to other models as they change how and what equipment is utilized. For instance I'm sure you coach has HDMI splitters/amps which we don't have until I installed them myself. Once again you need the schematic for your coach to make an intelligent analysis of your coach wiring and what you can and can't do.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
You'll find a discussion on this subject at this link:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/disc...ts-114221.html

Our 2012 Discovery must have the same setup you do with the TVs. The documentation I received from Fleetwood when I bought the rig was in error. Ask them to send you the latest A/V wiring diagram.

We ended up having to get a second receiver for the bedroom/outside TV. It works, BUT, Fleetwood is behind the times in wiring A/V systems.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
2nd receiver in the bedroom
One cable is for the bedroom TV, second is for outside TV
Outside TV you have to change the "source" to select "component"
At least that is how our 2013 35k Bounder is set up
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I have three tv's ( front , rear and outside ) and they are all hooked up to one receiver.
Here is box they're all connected to.

Attachment 37904

Attachment 37905

Maybe a call to FW would assist. 800-322-8216
Same here except I feed my three sets from one HD DVR via HDMI through the use of powered splitters.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
2nd receiver in the bedroom
One cable is for the bedroom TV, second is for outside TV
Outside TV you have to change the "source" to select "component"
At least that is how our 2013 35k Bounder is set up
I also have a 35k. These posts helped narrow down some problems, and I atleast figured out I needed the 2nd receiver. But now I can't figure out where the in from "satellite" coaxil cable is in the bedroom? It seems like there was only the 2 hdmi cables- 1 to the tv in the bedroom and the other looks like I could plug in a dvd player to watch on the outside tv? Where as in the front overhead there was a 2nd coaxil that was coming from the winegard satellite. Wow, I've read this 3 times and confused myself-
okay, I'm lost I'm calling fleetwood
scottfsu123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #10

The co-ax outlet in the cupboard above is your satellite feed to the bedroom receiver. The HDMI cables are to the bedroom and outside TVs respectively. I fitted an HDMI splitter to those to feed satellite to both TVs (using a Dish 422 receiver to get the RF remote) You don't need to feed DVD to the outside TV - it has one of it's own in the radio below.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #11

If you intend to have the same program play on several tv's, splitters will be your solution. However, once you want a diffferent program on different sets, you're speaking of multiple receivers. To get a receiver in the bedroom powered from a front sat. signal, you can use a diplexer to carry your sat. signal along with one from your Dvd, Vcr,AND cable. A coax runs from your front entertainment center to the back Tv. If so, a diplexer set up will work wonders. I set mine up several years ago so Princess is not beleaguered by Sports!!! She can go to bed and watch any of the 300 or more stations available. She can change her stations as often as she wants without interrupting the Game. I also have a third receiver for the outside Tv so I do not have to go aboard the coach to change the channel.
You can usually get receivers on ebay as I have. Just remember, diplexers are used in pairs, one at each end of the one coaxial run already in your coach.

Good luck...
Jonnyboy 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I like the way you think! Anything to keep the wife happy! I'm googling what the heck a "diplexer" is now. Where is your 3rd receiver for your outside tv "plugged in". At the end of the day all Im trying to accomplish is to be able to watch dish on the outside tv during tailgating!
scottfsu123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite