Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #1

No power to leveling jack control panel

Help!!!. I did a search for something that related to my problem but found nothing and I don't have time to look further. This morning I proceeded to raise our jacks. (Manual system). The rears came up fine, the fronts not so fine. They were part way down. I turned off the control panel. I then restarted the process but still nothing. I decided to have a cup of coffee. Afterwards, I went to try again but find that the control panel no longer has power to it. I have checked every fuse I can find. I don't know what else to check. I have had problems on this trip (2days) with my power step, the slide out and now the jacks. All mfgd. by Power Gear. Not so happy with them right now. Everything has been working just peachy keen until yesterday when the step stuck in the up position. I'll worry about that later. I had a problem with bringing the slide this morning but for some strange reason it righted itself. I'll worry about that later too. Right now, I have got to get this jacks fixed. Can't drive with the fronts half way down. Please, oh please, someone give me some advice. I'm ready to sell this nightmare when we get home. We just started a 6 week trip but I'm ready to call it off.

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/powe...on-153311.html

Read for location of fuse box and other good info.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #3

I wanted to add to my original post, our levelers are the early type that are NOT automatic. They are hydraulic. The control panel is DEAD. No power to it. That is my problem. I tried doing a "reboot" of the panel/system by disconnecting all the associated harnesses. Still nothing. The jacks are fully retracted now so we can at least go down the road but I can't stand anything not working. So, I am here humbly asking for someone who is smarter than me to solve my problem. I have emailed Power Gear but as of now, no answer. They probably all went home.
Thanks to all,

Ray
Old 09-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltoolguy View Post
I wanted to add to my original post, our levelers are the early type that are NOT automatic. They are hydraulic. The control panel is DEAD. No power to it. That is my problem. I tried doing a "reboot" of the panel/system by disconnecting all the associated harnesses. Still nothing. The jacks are fully retracted now so we can at least go down the road but I can't stand anything not working. So, I am here humbly asking for someone who is smarter than me to solve my problem. I have emailed Power Gear but as of now, no answer. They probably all went home.
Thanks to all,

Ray
Are you sure that you didn't either take the coach out of PARK, turn off the ignition or cause the parking brake to disengage? Those are the three interlocks required to get power to the leveler panel.

Putting the transmission in gear should cause (allow) the levelers to come up even if no power is indicated to the panel.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:07 AM   #5

Open your front hood, find this box generally mounted on drivers side facing outward:

Remove the cover and check fuse F11:

Old 09-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If also ran into an issue similar to this, my emergency brake switch can be finicky, and with out that the leveler panel won't even power up. I've also had one of the wires on my emergency brake switch come off, make sure that when you push the emergency brake that the light on the dash lights up. If that doesn't illuminate your levelers are pretty much useless.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Power gear is usually good about answering their emails, but they don't work on the weekends. I know that doesn't help in an emergency, but might help in the long run if you don't get it resolved before Monday.
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
Power gear is usually good about answering their emails, but they don't work on the weekends. I know that doesn't help in an emergency, but might help in the long run if you don't get it resolved before Monday.

I agree. Their email address is info@powergearus.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #9

I had a similar experience. Twice. The first time it was a breaker on the main line of the leveling system. In my case this breaker was located in the front next to the generator. You may need to follow the thick wiring lines that read the system.

The second time it was a fuse that was apart from all of the other fuse boxes. I found it under the dash on the drivers side there were no labels. Noticed a burned out fuse, replaced it and system came back on.

Spoke with lippert systems, they explained my system draws a lot of power and the coach needs to be running while deploying or retracting the jacks.
mar000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #10

Thanks to all for all the info. After much digging and reading, I found out that there are two resettable circuit breakers located inside of the BCC. I had seen them but didn't realize that they were of the resettable type. So, long story short, I pushed the tiny little buttons. I felt one sort of click but the other one did nothing. After doing this, my wife said she heard a noise inside of the motor home. I turned on the ignition with my foot on the brake pedal, in park and what do you know. Everything now works again. That one little tiny circuit breaker controls everything that PowerGear has on my rig. Now, the slide works, the steps work and the jacks work. I am one happy traveler. Thanks againg to all of you great people.

Ray
Old 09-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Great news. Thanks for updating us.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #12

Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Don't mean to sound dumb, but what is the BCC & second, other than the jacks, how did you know the slides & steps were power gear. Glad you got everything working.
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
Don't mean to sound dumb, but what is the BCC & second, other than the jacks, how did you know the slides & steps were power gear. Glad you got everything working.
The BCC is the (Battery Control Center). Your Monaco most likely does not have a centralized BCC, but does contain all the functions via discreet components installed by the manufacturer.
The leveler control Panel has the Power Gear name and LOGO written on it.
The steps are most likely Kwikee (Power Gear now owns the Kwikee brand).
The hydraulic slides in the early Fleetwood coaches were Power Gear.

Tags
leveling, panel, power