Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #15

Thanks Old Bounder, I couldn't have said it better myself. And, my manual tells me so.

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltoolguy View Post
Thanks to all for all the info. After much digging and reading, I found out that there are two resettable circuit breakers located inside of the BCC. I had seen them but didn't realize that they were of the resettable type. So, long story short, I pushed the tiny little buttons. I felt one sort of click but the other one did nothing. After doing this, my wife said she heard a noise inside of the motor home. I turned on the ignition with my foot on the brake pedal, in park and what do you know. Everything now works again. That one little tiny circuit breaker controls everything that PowerGear has on my rig. Now, the slide works, the steps work and the jacks work. I am one happy traveler. Thanks againg to all of you great people.

Ray
What do the circuit breakers look like, and where exactly are they in your BCC?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #17

Vick42, I don't have a picture of them but in the BCC they are on the bottom right and look just like automotive circuit breakers but with a small black oblong button on the end of each one. I had noticed them there but I totally missed the buttons. They are very small. I will say, the manual that came with the motor home is practically useless. It has just about no useable information in it. This should have been covered in detail. There isn't even any mention of a Battery Control Center in the book. All of the info that I have has come from both this forum and the Escapees Discussion Forum. If I can get a pic of the BCC that is clear enough to post I will. Maybe someone here can do it and outline the circuit breakers. I don' now how to add arrows and such in the pictures.

Ray
Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is what your breakers will look like. They will be located along the inside bottom or side of the BCC box. (not on the circuit board)
Old 09-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Old Bounder.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #21

Yes, thanks Old Bounder. You seem to have it all at your fingertips. I sure wish they would have put something about the BCC and these breakers in particular in the owners manual. That book is only useful for leveling a wobbly table.

R
Old 04-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
For some reason, Old Bounder, the picture of the BCC isn't showing up. I'm having a similar problem on my '96 Fleetwood American Eagle. I can't get my Power Gear leveler control panel to turn on. I can't find any fuses or Breakers anywhere.
WyattSDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had this on my 02 bounder it was just a lose connection behind the controller reached behind it and pushed on the harness and power was on
Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop2.0 View Post
I had this on my 02 bounder it was just a lose connection behind the controller reached behind it and pushed on the harness and power was on
By "controller" do you mean control panel? Where is this controller found?
Old 04-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #25

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
sorry yes control panel
Old 04-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
I found that the power going to the control panel is only 5.6 volts. This is same power coming from the control module (which I found mounted on the top of my basement on the passenger side). Strange thing. I read that the generator running could help, so I pulled it out (of the front of my rig, looking originally for the control module) and started it. Tada! The power came on. I pulled the generator in to level the bus and now I can't get the power on again. I tried to replicate everything with no success. Any advice, please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 04-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 2011 Fleetwood Terra DS34 and last week after camping for a few days, ready to depart, I found I had no power to the Power Gear leveling panel. I went thru all the steps engine running, emergency brake set, transmission in park, nothing. I called Lepper 1-800-322-8216 and the technical explain that I may have a 125 amp fuse blown. He said it was located 18 inches from the service battery. No luck finding that so he explained to go small door below the drivers side window and open the door. Inside were three round valves and a small one in front of the three. He said to remove the black cap on the small round valve and I would find a brass knurled knob and to turn it counter clock wise. I did and he then said to press the black rubber cap one at a time on the three round valves. This released the pressure and the jacks all retracted. He said turn the brass knurled knob clockwise and replace the black cap. Next he said to go inside the cab and try the leveling panel for power. Nothing so he said it is either the fuse or a bad power leveling panel. This may help those who have jacks down and no power to the panel. I have not had a chance to learn whether it is a fuse or a bad panel. Will post here once I find out.
CSI Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Update. Found the 125 Amp Buss fuse about 18 inches from the service battery and a few inches further up from the 150 Amp Buss fuse. Tested both of them and they were OK. all tested OK. Next I found in the second bay forward of the entry steps a black modular with the words Power Gear. One of the three connectors attached to this modular was not plugged in all the way. Once I found this and pushed the plug into the modular all worked as should be. I can only guess that when I loaded that bay after camping, something must have caught on the wires and pulled it part way out. Lesson learned!
CSI Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, panel, power