Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #1

Norcold "No Co" error message

Anyone ever have this error message pop up on the fridge when the unit is on un-level ground? We recently had our 2004 Revolution out on a trip. The site we were on had a pretty good slope to it. So much so that even after trying to level the unit the coach sat on somewhat of an incline. Fridge ran fine for about a day but the second day a "No Co" code popped up on the fridge indicating it was not cooling. Once we returned home I found how to reset the code and the fridge has run fine for 4 days now. I can only assume that it was the incline that caused this problem as we initially had a problem with the ac units not cooling either until I somewhat corrected the incline problem at the site with blocks. How finicky are these units about being level?
achallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the no co error code show up on two occasions. Both times it was caused by low voltage at a campsite. Since you were having issues with the a/c also I would think you may have had a powered issue.

Currently between coaches.
Dsallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, off-level operation is a common cause of an overheated cooling unit boiler, which is what triggers the NoCo error.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #4

I suspected as much. Unit has been running fine since we got home. I don't think it was a power issue. We were running off of the generator and everything else was working fine.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #5

Your asking for trouble running that fridge off level! My 4 foot Norcold had a cooked cooling unit when I purchased this rig so WE and I replaced with Amish cooling unit and it's been fine for this full timer last 3 years ( knock on wood).
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #6

4 door Norcold, not four foot! LOL sorry....
Old 06-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I highly recommend adding an ARP fridge boiler monitor to prevent any re-occurrence. It does what the Norcold monitor does not: ARP watches for even moderate overheating and shuts off cooling until the condition passes, and then RESTARTS THE COOLING UNIT AGAIN! No NoCo codes and no need to manually reset the circuit board. Plus it handles the problem before the overheat gets severe.

https://www.arprv.com/
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #8

X2..... I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I highly recommend adding an ARP fridge boiler monitor to prevent any re-occurrence. It does what the Norcold monitor does not: ARP watches for even moderate overheating and shuts off cooling until the condition passes, and then RESTARTS THE COOLING UNIT AGAIN! No NoCo codes and no need to manually reset the circuit board. Plus it handles the problem before the overheat gets severe.

https://www.arprv.com/
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #9

No Co, or No Cold?

Have 2017 Fleetwood Southwind. Last Thursday in prep for trip this weekend, plugged in and turned on fridge. No Co. No Cooling from Norcold 4 dr RF. Nearby dealer/service center diagnosed as bad cooling unit. We are waiting to see if Norcold will come through with warranty replacement. Nice for a 6 month old MH. Bought ice and went camping anyway.
Traveldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Must be level to run. The shop will charge you a fortune to reset the black box not counting the time you wont have it.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-N-Lham View Post
Must be level to run. The shop will charge you a fortune to reset the black box not counting the time you wont have it.
The shop will charge you a fortune to hold a magnet up to that box to reset it!

LOL
Old 06-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #12

Thanks for the input guys. Unit has been working fine since we got back. Now that I have the reset procedure it will be much easier to cure if it ever happens again.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Really thats all it took was a magnet?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #14

Magnetic reed switch under the plastic cover. Strong magnet will reset it

Tags
norcold